1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010-2011 Smeg Fantasy Footy Draft Room

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Rocketball- I hope you're on the mend. I'm sorry to hear that you've had some difficulties of late.

Option one or option three seem the most amicable. Option two would cripple everyone involved.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well obviously my team sucked all season so I don't really care.

3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems Rook. You are in my prayers.

As for the much-less important fantasy league discussion, I'm not a fan of any plan that takes away the bye I earned. The schedule mixup had nothing to do with my record.

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

_____

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm still not getting why the original schedule was even changed? That's TWO years in a row now that things happened that seem awfully suspicious.

Last year it was the "ghost" player(s) that showed up at the last minute against the team I was facing for a chance at the Super Bowl. I had the game wrapped up, but then out of nowhere the other team had a player or two added to the night game that kicked me out, and their lineup was set and all had played. I was NOT the only one who noticed this, I just kept it to myself as it's a free league and blew it off.

Sorry. I'm just putting this out there as I find it strange, again. I was in the hospital for a few days last week for a bleeding ulcer and the absolute LAST thing on my mind was the internet or fantasy sports. In RL I feel for you and what you and your family have been through, honestly. Just not sure why you would be worried about fantasy teams by having your father set lineups when you're in the hospital for a MAJOR operation.

I'll go with whatever the majority decides. I don't really care anymore.

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Something needs to be decided by tomorrow, because there's a NFL game on Thursday. There seems to be no clear consensus from the group, so I guess Smeg should decide since he's the closest we've got to a 2nd in command?

Options

- take out Rook's team
    - keep current standings (fade's team misses playoffs)
    - retroactively change schedule (Smge's team misses playoffs)
    - 3-way first round matchup between Smeg-fade-jent
    - 8 teams make playoffs (no byes)
    - 8 teams make playoffs (keep byes... championship week 17)

#386 fadeaway, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  7. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Guys,

I apologize for all this, not sure what to say as I am still getting back into the swing of things and this has not been a high priority during this time. The only thing I will say is that it really is upsetting and downright cowardice at times, to just throw out there that someone is cheating in a "free and supposed to be fun" league. We are talking about a schedule issue, where Fade plays another team three teams or something like that and though that should not have happened, is it really appropriate to throw out those harsh words. In the end, we are big boys and can work out something fair to keep it fun and know moving forward we need to watch that closer at the beginning of the season. I guarantee the only ones who had access to the site, knowing them well enough, did not change the schedule and still don't think that it really changes things too drastically - bottom line beat the team your facing, no guarantee switching the schedule will ensure victories.

Let's try and stay away all the time from just loosely saying someone is cheating, especially here as it was uncalled for (heck, I have been in the hospital and just last Thursday got home). Changing line-ups in the middle, illegal trades, something like that I understand, but this is nonsense and it seems the schedule has not been uniform/equal the last few years and that might be more of a program thing, but one we can adjust easily at the beginning of the season. I think next year will just enter it in manually.

In the end, I set up the playoffs, with top 8 teams making it, no byes (sorry Sam). Let's just have fun, trust me, there are worse things to worry about, and this is fair. Win your games, you win the league, case closed!!!

8. SamCassell

Weak. I hate, hate, having the playoff rules change in-season. Especially for something as basic as how many teams get into the playoffs. And especially a change literally the day the playoffs start. Some sub-.500 team that shouldn't have made the playoffs and didn't have a case to be made for making the playoffs under the rules we've always used now can take away what I've earned in the 13 weeks of the regular season?

Why not change the scoring rules for next week, too? Touchdowns worth 10, nothing for passing yards, each FG worth 1, sacks/int worth 2 each.

If I lose, may as well dump my roster on the FA market.

9. SamCassell

Another suggestion - top 1 bye. Give Xero a bye for the toilet bowl.

10. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, I thought that going through this second surgery on my cranium this year would be hard, its a breeze when compared to dealing with the whining, crying, complaining, insulting, and overall bad taste over a "Supposedly Fun" game of "Free" Fantasy Football. No wonder guys like Smeg, BobFinn, and others get tired of running these things........you guys drain every ounce of "FUN" out of it, over stupid stuff. There is been no big "RULE" changes, we just shifted the playoff structure around (Toiletbowl and Superbow - due to possible unfairness/unbalanced schedule in the regular season), that had no relevance on your draft strategy, season strategy or anything else, you just don't have the stinking bye.

If you can't beat a sub-500 team then your probably not going to win, but heck I got other issues to deal with currently that are more important, then listening this immature babble all the time.

You guys do whatever you want to the game, the password for commish is Rockets1, go at it.............

I am going to play with my little guys, lot more fun, lot less kiddie drama........and keeps my sanity and headaches from the surgery to get any worse.

Happy Holidays!

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

*shrug* works for me. I don't deserve a playoff birth with my record anyway.

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

happy for the scheduled to be fixed and thus eliminated my team and also the hottest team in the league, right thing to is put the schedule back to the original.....

get well rook

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

All these problems go away if you guys can agree to switch to Yahoo Fantasy. Been running it for 7 years and zero problems.

14. LonghornFan

Strange week, so many very low scores. Anyways, off to the semi finals I go again. :)

15. SamCassell

Whew. Glad we got this settled before the game. You would have smoked me.

16. LonghornFan

If I'm reading the home page Sam, you did lose? :confused:

Or am I missing something? I thought the playoffs started this week???

I'm so confused with what's even going on anymore in this league.

17. SamCassell

Yeah, I'm super confused. Even Smeg said the right thing to do was put the schedule back to the original - and this is Smeg's league.

Things have been run poorly, and I doubt I'll be back next season, regardless.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Seems a bit insensitive to say that given Rook's real-life issues. This is just a fantasy league.

Personally I've really soured on the fanstar thing in general.

I think yahoo makes it a hell of a lot easier on everyone.

You can still customize the rosters to be set-up like we have it now, with point scoring et al.

I wouldn't mind taking over as League Commish if we switch to yahoo.

19. LonghornFan

This. We could still do a board draft, the commish would just have to manually enter in each team after the draft. I'm really just confused as to what is even going on. I just keep setting my lineup waiting to lose. I have to have the worst semi final squad in the history.

20. LonghornFan

Xero, set your lineup so I don't have to read you whining after I spank your buttocks this week. :)