1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010-2011 Smeg Fantasy Footy Draft Room

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Aug 2, 2010.

1. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Was 179 before MNF... end score was 194. If I'm gonna lose, may as well get blown out. Nice work, LH. (Kenny Britt for 49, are you kidding me?)

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Well, my last minute decision to switch out Beanie Wells for Chris Ivory certainly worked out well...... ***** sakes...

3. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, me taking McFadden (because of his injury status) out at the last second to replace with Steve Smith almost cost me.............I can breathe a sigh of relief with my 1/2 point victory.

4. fadeaway

Blow me. :mad:

5. Rocketball

Supporting Member

I did...by half a point!!!! :p :p :p :p

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Anybody need an Eli Manning?

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Schaub up for trade. Need a WR, RB or UTL player.

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i can't log on whats going on?

9. LonghornFan

Rook, I need a little better than that for Schaub. Not really interested in a backup QB either. You have a plethora of good RB's and WR's. Can we do better. A 1 for 1 would work. Not even asking for a Peterson or anything. Just something better than what was offered.

10. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

Why would my only kicker not be included in my line-up when the automated system rolls over the line-up? I'm out 10 points (not to mention R. Lewis' 4.5) for that. Both have been in the lineup all year. :confused:

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I <3 my completely WR-dependent offense :grin:

12. LonghornFan

Aaaaand, what just happened? First place? I only have like 6 people left from my original squad, but thanks for Hillis! :p

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

14. fadeaway

The week 13 schedule seems to be wrong for some teams. For example, Smeg is scheduled to play moes once again back-to-back after having just played him in week 12.

With a 12 team league, the schedule repeats after week 11:

Week 12 match up = Week 1 match up
    Week 13 match up = Week 2 match up
    etc..

The week 12 games are fine, but week 13 is incorrect. It should be:

Rook vs. Moe
    Longhorn vs. Greek
    Smeg vs. Jent
    Aliens vs. Fade
    Texans vs. PSJ
    Panthers vs. Xerobull

15. fadeaway

I'll say it again because it has not yet been addressed and bears repeating. Three of the week 13 match ups are wrong.

Rook should be facing moe.
    Smeg should be facing jent.
    Greek should be facing LonghornFan.

The other match ups are correct.

16. fadeaway

Week 13 starts with tonight's game, and it looks like my request is going to be ignored.

I'll say it again one final time. The schedule for this week is messed up. The most glaring evidence of this is the fact that Smeg is scheduled to play moe for the 3rd time this season (and these two teams just faced each other last week). This makes no sense. I have played in Fanstar leagues for nearly ten years as both a player and an admin, and the system simply does not schedule match ups like this. It is always a straight, repeating, even-play schedule.

The corrections I outlined above should be made prior to the Thursday game's kickoff tonight.

This last week of games has serious implications for those of us battling for playoff spots, and I will be pretty ticked off if I end up missing the playoffs because somebody dickered around with the schedule.

17. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Fade,

I see what you are saying, it seems that one division is messed up some, not sure how,or if it would make any differences if it was the way you said. You have had access to the site all along and could have fixed it, if you noticed it. I am just returning from the hospital as I had my third major brain surgery, second this year, so I have been a out of pocket, since before Thanksgiving, having my father watch both this and my basketball team for me while I was dealing with that. I should have mentioned I was going to be out, in case any changes needed to be made, especially to lineups, but I knew Fade and Smeg had access and could tend to them for me. I apologize for the miscommunication as I had a lot on my mind with this surgery, fantasy football was not one, as you can notice my team taking a nose dive the last few weeks. I am partially back now, at least home, not sure though what we can do now as the schedules I don't think it would make much of a difference in the standings.......

But to be honest if it helps, I don't have an issue eliminating my team from the postseason, because from the sound of your posts, it appears you feel some cheating going on and not sure how you have come to that conclusion as there is no guarantee in FF, especially with some of the bottom teams like Greek coming on strong these last few weeks. I currently have bigger issues to deal with trying to get back to 100 percent....

So we will take my team out, the top six make the playoffs (not including my team), top two get a bye... The bottom five will play in the toilet bowl, top one team will get a bye.

18. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Fade or Smeg, we will need one of you to set up the playoffs and toilet bowl.

19. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

rook, had no idea, hope you are getting better, not that it matters in comparison but will get onto this tomorrow

20. fadeaway

Sorry to hear about your health, Rook. That takes priority over some fantasy league. Wish I had known about the situation. I guess I could have taken it upon myself to make the corrections, but I had no idea you were out of action and nobody else backed me up.

Here's how I feel:

I don't think your team should be taken out of the playoffs. It deserves to be there. The messed up schedule did end up making a big difference. If the schedule was correct, Jent would have been matched up against Smeg and would have beaten him, and I would have beaten Smeg via tiebreak and ended up with the final playoff spot. Basically, I got screwed over, so I don't feel I should be eliminated. Nobody likes the idea of retroactive changes, so it's too late to go back and change the week 13 match ups now. So, I don't think Smeg should be eliminated either.

There are several ways I can see to address this problem:

Option #1: Have 7 teams make the playoffs and have a 3-way game for the teams involved in this controversy. First round playoff match ups will look like this:

Division winner 1 (bye): The Rook
    Division winner 2 (bye): The Aliens
    LonghornFan vs. Houston Texans 4Life
    Jent vs. Smegville Vikings vs. Fade's Huffin' Puffins

The only downside is that Jent is disadvantaged a bit because he faces two teams instead of just one. But at least this would give everyone a chance.

Option #2: Expand the playoffs to 8 teams, keep byes for division winners. This would push the championship game to week 17, which is a problem because many teams rest their starters that week.

Option #3: Expand the playoffs to 8 teams and not have byes for the division winners. This would allow it to finish up on week 16. The top two teams get disadvantaged a bit because they miss out on byes.

Option #4: Someone gets screwed. Keep the playoff format as is, and take out one of the teams. Life goes on but someone is unhappy.

#380 fadeaway, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010