1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010-2011 Smeg Fantasy Footy Draft Room

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Woodley,LaMarr LB/PI

2. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jent took Timmons

Fade took D. Hester

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

boley and murphy, I'm done, as per uasual hate my team but anyway nice work lads and hopefully i can get a win before xmas

4. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fade took huggins

Jent took Tynes

5. Xerobull

I take 5-hour-energy.

Edwards,Braylon

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Massaquoi,Mohamed

7. thametall89

thametall89 Member

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

And we're done! Bada bing...

Now all that's left is for someone to give us some drunken team-by-team analysis with predictions. :D

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rook - Gotta be the favorite, as much as it pains me to admit it. Peterson and Foster are going to carry the load, and he's got solid depth behind every skill position. TE is his glaring weakness, but he should have no trouble acquiring an upgrade with the depth he has.

Jent - Very well rounded team. Rodgers is the best QB in fantasy, RB situation is a little sketchy but suddenly looks a lot better with news coming out of Dallas that Marion Barber could be moved, ascending Felix Jones into the starting role. If that happens, Jent is instantly a contender. Very nice receivers with Wayne, Marshall and Driver. Dallas Clark is virtually as good as a Top 10 WR.

LongDong - I really don't even know what to say about this team. Broski's WR depth chart is "Derrick Mason, Danny Amendola, Roy Williams". Neither of those WRs should be more than a 4th or 5th option. On the other hand he's got a stockpile of RBs, although Addai and Ronnie Brown are both big injuries waiting to happen, and Justin Forsett is in a 3-headed time share backfield in Seattle.

The Greek - Huge questions at nearly every position for this team. Favre is a risk, but backing him up with Carson Palmer is a good move. Ray Rice is the only established, consistent RB on his roster. Fitzgerald and Colston are good WRs, but Houshmanzadeh is on his way out of Seattle and Golden Tate did not end up getting the starting job.

Smeg - Poor Smeggy. The injury bug is already biting. Sidney Rice and Michael Bush have already been bit. Not much to be optimistic about in Smegville this season.

The Sex Panthers - Not a bad team, but nothing truly great. Plenty of RBs, but average Receivers at best. Brent Celek should be a bright spot at TE. Flacco needs a great year for this team to contend.

PSJ - Always a hard one to figure out because he always puts so much stock in those inknown commodities. Easily the best RB corps in the league. Every RB he has is a great play. Dez Bryant and Mike Williams both have a lot of potential. QB play doesn't seem to be great, and a very below average TE, still... he knows how to stockpile talent.

Sam - A consistently good, analytical drafter. Sam builds his teams based on best available players, and doesn't reach for a lot of unproven talents. MJD's knee is a minor concern at this point, and Jay Cutler is always a week to week risk, but overall he's got enough depth at the skill positions to carry the load.

fade - fade comes in with some serious WR issues with Welker's health being in question. I think TO will have a lot better season than he did in Buffalo last year, and the RB depth here is outstanding, but nobody really jumps out as a legit stud. Peyton Manning is as consistent as it gets, and Zach Miller is due for a TD spike assuming Jason Campbell stays healthy.

Xerobull - Good team offensively, solidly drafted. WR depth is a bit of an issue, but looks to have 3 very solid RBs in McCoy, Spiller, Forte. Brees and Finley are Top 3 at their positions. The only real issue with this team is the defense, which is a glaring weak spot.

nwo - Solid team but not spectacular. Vincent Jackson is a huge risk, so is Harvin with his strange migraine issues. But there are no real big weaknesses on this team.

moe - Very questionable RB depth with only Grant and Stewart worthy as starters. Makes up for that with having Gates at TE and a very strong WR corps. Roethlisberger coming back in Week 5 reprieves him from too many Eli headache moments. This is a team built on WR depth instead of RB depth, which can be successful in this league's format if done right. Still, needs to find good QB play.

10. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Nice analysis moe. Can't say I agree with your take on things (you completely ignored IDPs??) but I appreciate the effort!

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

LOL, I got served. Can't say I payed too much attention to the draft due to work and stuff, but it's all for fun. Fug it.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

IDP's are too hard to predict. Wasn't going to bother. I really think it is mostly a useless crapshoot. Patrick Willis and Jon Beason and then 40 other LBs who will all end up within 20 points of each other. Big deal.

13. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Would rep you moes, if I didn't need to spread it around again. Nice analysis, though you sell your team short.

And I agree about IDP. LBs are too identical to matter.

14. SmeggySmeg

i rolled the dice on upside and once again injuries screw me, damn fantasy football is such a lottery, hand me the wooden spoon now

15. SmeggySmeg

Don't forget to set y'all line-ups

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Xero forgot. Drew Brees cries.

17. Xerobull

noob time- I wasnt aware that I had to set a lineup. Can this be fixed? Obviously I would have played Brees and Hartley.

I know, I'm a dumbass.

[​IMG]

GIVE THE BOY A CHANCE!!!!!!

#337 Xerobull, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Championship!

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Fanstar has been down all morning :rolleyes:

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Seriously how the **** can Fanstar be down? This is ******* ridiculous.

We need to just switch to yahoo already.