1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2002 Roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfat, Jun 24, 2002.

1. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

I know this has been discussed, but, I count 9 people who definitely have roster spots going into draft day, so, that leaves 3 available spots currently. correct me if i'm wrong:

francis
    mobley
    griffin
    taylor
    rice
    cato
    thomas
    norris
    morris

this currently allows for a combination of 3 from: collier, langhi, walt williams, tierre brown, torres, draft picks, and any free agents. i'm guessing that, at most, one of the the first five players that i just named will make the team, and ming and the #15 are locks. that's already 12. it looks like some kind of trade being made is definite. what do you guys think?

2. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

C: Yao Ming, Kelvin Cato
    PF: Maurice Taylor, Kenny Thomas (trade bait?), Eddie Griffin
    SF: Glen Rice, Terence Morris
    SG: Cuttino Mobley
    PG: Steve Francis, Moochie Norris

Those are the guys that are definitely on the roster. That leaves two open spots on the roster. Hopefully, #15 will get us a good starting quality SF (either Nachbar, Welsch, or Prince). I believe we can use another 2/3 swingman who can play defense (Oscar Torres could fit, but maybe a better one can be obtained through free agency). This is a very solid and deep roster. Let's hope the Rockets can keep their health this time around, and maybe we won't have to talk about off-season issues during post-season time.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Option 1:

C - Ming / Cato
    PF - Griffin / Taylor
    SF - Odom / Rice / Walt
    SG - Mobley / Torres / Juan Dixon
    PG - Francis / Norris

Option 2:

C - Ming / Cato / Collier
    PF - Griffin / Taylor / Thomas
    SF - Bostjan Nachbar / Morris / Rice
    SG - Mobley / Dixon
    PG - Francis / Norris

Option 1 if we trade for Lamar Odom and option two if we don't. I guess we could also aquire Rashard Lewis in free agency if he is willing to play for pennies on the dollar.

4. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Remember that there are only 12 players on the active roster but you can have up to 15 under contract.