1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 spots available in a Yahoo Plus Baseball legaue...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by countingcrow, Mar 7, 2007.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

This is a head-to-head points league. This format is not available in Yahoo's free format. The league has already been paid for. There are 8 spots filled in the league, so I need two volunteers that really know their stuff and can make the live draft on Sunday, March 25 at 11:15am. You need to be active all season no matter where you are in the standings. If you happen to win the league you get to choose between a trophy and a t-shirt that Yahoo will send you. Also, if you stay active I will strongly consider carrying you over to next season and you can become a part of this league anually.

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Stat Categories: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SH, SF, SB, CS, BB, HBP, K, GIDP, E, IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, H, ER, BB, HBP, K, WP

Stat Modifiers: R (1), 1B (1), 2B (2), 3B (3), HR (4), RBI (1), SH (1), SF (1), SB (2), CS (-1), BB (1), HBP (1), K (-1), GIDP (-1), E (-1), IP (3), W (10), L (-5), CG (5), SHO (10), SV (10), H (-0.5), ER (-1), BB (-0.5), HBP (-1), K (1), WP (-1)

If interested, leave your email address here in this thread and I'll get back to you.

Oh, btw, there are 4 members of this BBS (kaleidosky, Rocketman95, candlegreen, myself) in the league and all but one of us grew up and still are Houston sports fans.

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

3. countingcrow

Sent you an invite. Are you playing in any head-to-head points leagues this season?

4. fadeaway

Cool. I joined. Yeah, our regular BBS league is also FP H2H, though with a slightly different scoring system.

5. countingcrow

I forgot to mention that Yahoo's stat tracker is free since this is a plus league. Normally, each individual team owner would have to pay for it if they wanted it. And if you don't mind, make you email address viewable by the rest of the league. There is normally lots of trade talk in this league and some of us circumvent the "proposing a trade just to propose a trade" route and will actually email each other to determine needs/wants before actually proposing a trade. It just makes it a hell of a lot easier when we can just email each other.

And if you know anyone else who might join that you would vouch for let them know about this league.

6. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I'm interested if you still have a spot open.

7. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

8. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

that should do it countingcrow

9. fadeaway

Would anyone freak out if I requested the draft take place an hour or two earlier? Just realized that it will start at 1:15 am in my time zone on Sunday night. Having it a bit earlier would be helpful to me.

Making it four hours later would also work. I could just get up a bit earlier and do it before I head to work.

Alternatively, moving it to Saturday instead would also be helpful since I could sleep in the next day.

I'll likely make it regardless, but I will probably be a walking zombie afterwards.

#9 fadeaway, Mar 8, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  10. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Looks like you're all filled up but I'm going to ask anyway...

You up for adding two more managers?

I was the commish of a keeper league last season but it doesn't look like it will get going again this year (didn't like other managers anyway, weren't active at all).

Anyway, my brother was also in the league and we were thinking of just joining another existing league this year. He is a Clutch member as well.

We both are always pretty active and are open to any and all trade talks.

If you are cool with it, I'll then post our email addresses.

Thanks for the consideration either way.

11. countingcrow

Korea, huh? Unfortunately I can't make it any earlier cause one of our regulars lives in Oakland. Plus, some of the guys go out the night before and I don't like to take any chances of some of them not getting up in time for the draft. And I already have another draft in my secondary league the day before (Saturday). The draft should go pretty fast, but if you want to drop out I understand...just let me know asap.

#11 countingcrow, Mar 8, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  12. countingcrow

I'll get back to you here in the next couple days...there is a strong possibility that I could make it a 12-team league. Either way, there is one of our regulars that hasn't responded yet so there may be one spot open in the current 10-team setup. Leave your email address if you are interested in that one spot.

13. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

i hear your brother is a pretty good looking guy :D

14. mogrod

Cool.

The only thing in that we were hoping to find a league to go into together so I'm not sure if it will work if you have only one spot open for one of us to join.

Don't worry, we don't do anything funny being brothers in the same league. We are actually VERY competitive against each other and he was pissed I won 1st place in the league last year. :D

Anyway here is our two email addresses just in case...

Mine: akline6@earthlink.net

His: stallanog@hotmail.com

15. countingcrow

I'll send an invite to each of you...looks like we'll make it a 12 team league...just make sure you look at the league settings and draft accordingly. And all I ask is that you stay active regardless of where you are in the standings.

16. mogrod

Thanks and no problem.

17. fadeaway

On second thought, I decided to drop out due to the time zone discrepancy.

18. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

dont have to worry about that since im always looking to improve my team through out the year....call me a trade addict :rolleyes:

19. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

I can fill in for fade if you like. I participate in the Clutch BBS leagues, but also try to join 2-3 Yahoo! leagues. Thanks.

20. countingcrow

I'm still waiting on a response from one of our regulars. If he contacts me, you can fill in for fadeaway. If he doesn't respond, we'll just go with a 10 team league.

You might not remember but I played with you in a couple Sandbox leagues 3-5 years ago.