1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#19 SMU vs Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Oct 28, 2021.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Hell NAW!

Hippieloser and Aware like this.
  2. Aware

Aware Member

We want cinci!

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I missed it because of the Astros bummer, but wow, what a fantastic finish! Jones!!

Woo hooo!

seemoreroyals likes this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

In the first half the difference I saw in Tune is that he wasn't drifting. His feet were planted. And what a difference. No idea what he did in the second half. But I liked what I saw early.

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

So stupid for SMU to kick it to him. Absolutely terrible coaching decision.

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I told my gf they are going to squib it here no way they kick it to him. I was shocked I said he has to run it out what is there to lose if he gets tackled we go to overtime. Idiots Sonny must be planning his ejection to Tech already.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Holy crap that was fun!

I just got finished watching the game on dvr (hat-tip, @DonnyMost), and I was telling the TV the same thing: just don't kick it deep, I want OT

Not sure if it was great blocking or bad coverage, but the only person that put hands on him was a halfass pattycake by SMU's kicker

8. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

What an entertaining and incredible game. After watching, with a few tweaks here and there I think we can play with anybody. When we were quickly up 17 then fell behind we showed grit and guts to hang in and win with Marcus Jones taking it to the house. It will be interesting to see how high Jones goes in the draft and where he ends up.

In regards to the Astros, I flipped back and forth watching mainly the Cougars but keeping up with the WS game. It was agonizing to watch the Stros give away a game they should have won. All those runners left on base earlier in the game we could not get home. That incredible play that their third baseman made cost us two runs was eerily similar to the opportunity Bregman could not make in game three. Unless we get the bats going, looks like we won't be bringing the series back to Houston.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

While I am glad they are 7-1...

Lost to 5-4 Texas Tech
    Beat 3-5 Rice
    Beat 3-5 Grambling
    Beat 2-6 Navy
    Beat 3-5 Tulsa
    Beat 1-7 Tulane
    Beat 4-4 ECU
    Beat 7-1 SMU

Anything worse than 6-2 at this point would be disappointing.

Buck Turgidson and DonnyMost like this.
  10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Glad we could beat an overrated SMU team.

Hippieloser and Fulgore like this.
  11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

True but atleast he’s winning them this year. They should run the table until they face Cincy

Hippieloser and Buck Turgidson like this.
  12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Tune looks much better than the last time I watched him. He’s avoiding sacks, throwing accurate passes on the run, avoiding costly turnovers...

13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Yeah, I don’t know where this Tune has been since the last time he played smoo at teedeckyou stadium. First time in a while he hasn’t looked like a nincompoop and Dana seemed like he wanted to win. I’ll take it!

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

My two big problems with Tune are that his pocket awareness kinda sucks (he goes down at the slightest hint of pressure) and his touch past 15 yards is just bad. I swear we had 3 surefire touchdowns that never materialized because Tune kept under throwing people.

All that being said, these things don't matter as much when you're doing just about everything else right, and he is.

15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I prefer underthrows than throwing picks. He has gotten much better since week 1 and he actually completed multiple deep balls Saturday.