1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10-year anniversary of ClutchFans

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Aug 8, 2006.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Before I was able to register, for the website, and I was just a visiter, I was able to view the bbs. I know a lot of other people who are not able to join the site right now but are still able to view the bbs.

2. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Heh - I remember finding this site the summer of '97 before college. And for some stupid reason, I found it necessary to make a tough guy comment on what was then the feedback section -- the guestbook -- and promptly got banned by Clutch. Well, in college I was back again in the forum just reading heypee's analysis and the old guys like PhiSlammaJamma, Tango, Surfguy, Sherlock, Popeye, etc. Then there was the whole Frank Swindell scandal and then the move from dot come to dot net, followed by the change from "city" to "fans" and then I had to register again to keep up.

I guess I've grown up with the Rockets, and Clutchfans has been a big part of that, keeping me in touch with my team (followed them since the Sleepy Floyd days).

Thanks, Clutch. Here's to another ten years.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Ten years ago I was picking beans in Guatemala. When our master would allow us a five minute break we would all scurry off. Most of the others would sit and smoke their local cigarettes and homemade brew. I would run to the village wise man's hut and use the internet. He had a 56K modem, but it would only go at speeds of 28.8K at the fastest. I would dutifully and fastidiously check the Clutchcity.com front page looking to see if we had signed Kevin Johnson, but we never did. Only later after treking through the Peruvian Andes did I realize that there was a BBS where I could converse with my fellow Rocket fans. Three usernames and two public reprimands later, I am here today.

:)

4. michael-pb

michael-pb Member

hardly i resistered the forums,and i wanna stay my 1st post here~
    thanks for making this forums for us and we have a nice platform for the rocket~ thx~ ;)

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got hooked up here back in 99 and have to say it's been a fixture for me ever since.Traveling quite a bit,it's nice to always have this connection to Houston sports and home.

Thanks Clutch

Hardwood Hammer
    hardwood
    Dr.Strangelove

6. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I'm a lurker...

I LOVE this forum and it's the first site that I visit even though when I worked for the Rockets. :eek:

Thanks, Clutch! Keep up the good work!

7. kenosis

kenosis New Member

maybe that's not a long time~
    let's support our clutch more longer~

8. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

i look forward to many more years to come! good job!

9. BD5

BD5 Member

First post but longtime T-Mac fan (since Raptor days); fan of YAO since his debut clash with Shaq; fan of the Rockets since the two united; just wanted to say - Congrats on the 10-yr Clutch and best to the Rockets in '07-08!

10. OrangeCountyCA

First post in a very, very long time. But this seemed like the perfect thread to post for once again... ;)

Thanks for everything Clutch...

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Ten years and nary a quality 4? What's up with that?

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Dear Clutch & Crew -- I was reading this "memories" post and got to thinking about when I first joined the board.

My original name, I believe, was "Wordsmith," which I abandoned for "Writesmart." Afterward, I dropped Writesmart and became "Enbehay" (which my girlfriend adopted and still uses when she wants to join in on the boardstering). That's when I became "thumbs."

I have repeatedly tried passwords I used way back then but nothing works. How can I re-establish my earliest nickname, and how can I incorporate all of the posts into one nickname? Is that even possible?

I did not want to create a new thread for this question. Thanks in advance for any answer or comments you may have.

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Four days and not even a response?

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You have to either know the password or be able to access email at the email account that you used to register with. That's the big reason I try to remind people to keep their email current -- if you lost your password and no longer have access to the email used to register with, your account is "lost".

15. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

I have been a lurker at Clutch Fans for almost a year. My other emails were denied (since they were free), but I finally got one that wasn't free (with the Houston Texnas), and I am happily here today.

16. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Charles Broccoli?!?!

17. stingray

stingray Member

Huge Rocket fan here... I was mainly posting on Houstontexans.com or texanstalk.com during rockets season...

18. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

What's your name at Texans Talk?

19. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Hey i dont know where else to post this since i cant make ant threads with my rookie status...buuttt...what do yall think of making clutchfans.net t-shirts? or has that happend before? i ono i think it would a cool thing to wear to rockets games and around town they ahve to be red of course = )

any suggestions?

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

dang i guess i'll be the first HAPPY 11th BDAY CLUTCHFANS!!!

thanks for all the effort Clutch!