1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10/14/12 Romney lead increasing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JD88, Oct 15, 2012.

1. JD88

JD88 Member

Poll of Polls: Romney leads Obama in 16 latest polls

1: The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 49% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns the vote from 47%. Two percent (2%) prefer some other candidate, and another two percent (2%) are undecided.

2:Gallup Poll: Mitt Romney leads President Obama 49 percent to 47 percent among registered likely voters, the poll released Sunday shows.

Gallup poll indicates that Romney at this point benefits from turnout patterns, given the five-point swing in his favor when the transition is made from registered voters to likely voters.

As is almost always the case in recent elections, likely voters at this point are more likely to support the Republican candidate than the other registered voters. Gallup's estimate of the vote choices of likely voters shows that Romney gains three percentage points among likely voters compared with the total registered voter pool, and Obama loses two points.

3: Reuters/Ipsos: Latest poll Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll showed Romney leading Obama 47 percent to 44 percent nationwide.

Independents grew more favorable toward Ryan and less favorable toward Biden during the debate, but the small sample size of independents makes it difficult to draw conclusions.Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll showed.

4: American Research Group: The latest American Research Group tracking polls show Romney at 49 percent and Obama at 46 percent in Florida, and the GOP candidate Mitt Romney leading President Obama 50 percent to 46 percent in New Hampshire as well.

5: Gravis Marketing: In Ohio Romney is leading with 45.9 percent of the people saying that they'd vote for him, compared to the 45.1 percent favoring Obama.

6: Tampa Bay Times/Bay News 9/Miami Herald: Mitt Romney leads President Obama 51 percent to 44 percent in Florida.The Tampa Bay Times/Bay News 9/Miami Herald poll in Florida, also released Friday, has Romney at 51 percent and Obama at 44 percent. And the Rasmussen Reports poll in Florida gives Romney a 51-47 percent advantage

President Obama appears to be in serious trouble in Florida, America's biggest battleground state. New polls points Florida is shifting significantly toward the Republican nominee Mitt Romney.

7: QStarNews Swing State Poll: Romney ahead of President Obama.Romney 50.20 percent, Obama 46.00percent, Johnson 1.92percent. QStarNews Swing State Poll show Romney lead in Colorado, Florida, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

8: USA/Denver Post poll: Mitt Romney leads President Barack Obama by one point, 48%-47%, in two Colorado polls, continuing his campaign’s momentum after a decisive victory during the first presidential debate in Denver.

9: Quinnipiac poll: Romney leads Obama by one point, 48% to 47%. The poll found Romney led among independent voters by four points, 49%-45%.

10: Pew Research Center. Mitt Romney now leads President Obama by 4 percentage points among likely voters after a strong debate performance last week. The GOP presidential nominee has a 49% to 45% edge, Pew says. Last month, Obama had an 8-point advantage among those most likely to vote in the Pew survey.

11: Abt SRBI Inc Poll : Mitt Romney has a strong lead over Barack Obama in Georgia among likely voters. The new poll, conducted last week by Abt SRBI Inc., found Romney leading Obama among likely voters 51 percent to 43 percent, with 5 percent undecided.

12: Pollsters Nielson Brothers. new poll show Mitt Romney has a strong lead over Barack Obama, Romney 52.4% vs Obama 40.3%.

13: RealClearPolitics: Romney in the lead with the average polling data on their site showing Romney ahead 47.3% to Obama's 45.9%.

14: The latest Monmouth University Poll: Gov. Romney leads President Obama by 47% to 46% among likely American voters.

15: The Fox News Poll: Gov. Romney leads President Obama by 46% to 45%

16: IBD/TIPP poll: Mitt Romney widened his lead to 5 points over Barack Obama in the latest IBD/TIPP tracking poll as the full effect of the challenger's win in last week's debate became clearer. The latest release of the poll results shows Romney at 48.7%, Obama at 43.7% and 6.1% unsure.

2. Orange

Orange Member

Intrade still has him likely to lose, so does Vegas I think thats what matters most since they cant afford to get it wrong.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He posted this garbage from some wingnut content farm, which is why he was too scared to post the link.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

http://www.examiner.com/article/poll-of-polls-romney-leads-obama-16-latest-polls

Other sections of the article:

#4 Mathloom, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  5. JD88

JD88 Member

Totally forgot. Examiner.com.

I suppose these polls don't count right SF? Wasn't it just a few days ago you and your left leaning companions screaming victory in the streets, and claiming only the right discredits polls if Romney isn't winning. Well, there are 16 of them, right there, check them one by one if you want (I'm sure you have, looking for a discrepancy so you can claim its content is not legit).

Like I said, should be an close race. We'll see who's point of view the country agrees with, but its not looking good for you my man. Maybe the country is all of a sudden just too dumb to see the truth now that Romney leads? Or maybe you are just that much smarter then everyone else.

Coming down to the wire.

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

There's already a thread on the election.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No, I haven't. Why would I need to?

There's lots of sources where I can get accurate information....some dude who spends his time wondering on the internet how to prove Obama is a secret muslim is not one of them.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are you a birther as well?

9. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

RCP tracker actually shows a dead even national tie with Romney and Obama, down from a 1.3% Romney lead---you can aggregate all the polls on your side, but you tend to forget those on the other.

RCP Average 10/7 - 10/14 -- -- 47.3 47.3 Tie

Of course, since the swing state polls still flash in Obama's favor, that, as Nate Silver puts it well, still gives the president a 60% chance of winning this thing.

10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

10/14/12 Romney supporter rhetoric increasing.

11. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

According to all my conservative friends, the polls don't matter.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No, they suddenly do matter. Up until recently the polls were biased by MSM. But now they are accurate reflections of the voting public.

:rolleyes:

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It is not clear to me that these polls are any less biased towards Obama than they were before, with Democratic oversampling ranging from 4% to 17%. Has that been corrected, or are these new polls showing Romney in the lead even with the strong oversampling of Democrats?

1 person likes this.
  15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

None of this "my team is winning, nananan" really matters.

Polls matter. The polls tell me a couple a things.

1) The independents are still undecided.
    2) Very few are enthusiastic about Romeny (conservative base). With it the polls being pretty even, this tells me that the independents are less enthusiastic with Obama.
    3) Providing neither bomb in the next two debates, it will all come down to the small handful of swing states. Its guaranteed both sides will do everything in their power to play dirty.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Which is why we need to go to a popular vote. It is ridiculous that people votes in states like Texas don't matter.

17. JD88

JD88 Member

Ive pondered that idea myself. In theory, it would make sense that if the majority of the country wanted candidate A, that that would be the logical choice.

City dwellers would ultimately decide every election though.

18. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Absolutely true. The electoral college was invented pre-car, pre-radio, pre-TV, pre-internet with the idea that not everyone would get to hear the messages of the candidates. It was also developed when people believed that national campaigns were impossible, and that politicians shouldn't take the time away from their duties anyway. Some of the Founding Fathers (principally Hamilton) felt that direct voting left voters too prone to manipulation, and that electors provided a stop-gap between the voters and the actual elected representatives. It also allowed small states to have more power in elections. The electoral college was supposed to smooth over these issues.

Now, it's just a fossilized institution that's designed to solve problems that no longer exist - and because of that, it's become a problem itself. Unfortunately, only a constitutional amendment can get rid of it.

19. Space Ghost

There was a time I disagreed with the popular vote in favor of the electoral college, but I firmly agree we need to go with a popular vote. I don't think i'll be voting this year simply because I am in a heavily favored red state.

20. Space Ghost

I disagree with this statement. Urban environments tend to heavily favor democrats, regardless of state. Its states with huge rural areas that tend to vote red.