1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Marc Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFan007, Feb 2, 2001.

1. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Just read an article at basketballnews.com
    http://www.basketballnews.com/content/nba/nba_set.asp
    It seems that Cat and Marc Jackson grew up together playing on the streets in Philly. It would be nice if Cat could recruit him since he is a free agent next year. He's got a great outside shot and can hit the boards, I think he would be a great addition.

------------------

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

No kidding man, could you imagine if we were able to make a trade for Shareef and then sign Marc Jackson as a free agent? I think we would finally be complete, with the exception of a few role players, but we would definitely have the edge on the Suns and Dallas.

------------------
    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/houstonrockets2000

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man! Cat and Steve serve this team as a scout almost as well as they do basketball players!

How many NBA players can tout that?

------------------
    "Of course, everything looks bad if you remember it!"
    Homer Simpson

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, after reading the article, I can't really tell if Jackson likes Mobley or not. He said that if Mobley loses a street ball game, he gets down on the floor and throws a temper tantrum. Hmmmmm

------------------
    "Of course, everything looks bad if you remember it!"
    Homer Simpson

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Following your link, I went into the Golden State article and it says that Marc Jackson has been declared a restricted free agent after this year. So Golden State will be able to match other teams for him up to about $4 million. How badly do we want him? Enough to spend over $4 million on him?

------------------
    RealGM
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary
    Gafford Art
    Artisan

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

how much would we have? if we can resign shandon anderson, mo taylor and there is no shot at getting chris webber, i would say that we should give him the rest of the money we have left.

------------------
    http://www.democrats.com

7. DaneB

DaneB Member

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I agree with DaneB. I would love to have Davis. Forget about the offensive threat like Jackson. This team needs rebounding and defesnive players.

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

i would like antonio davis too, but he will be 33 next season, and i think that is a bit old for our team

------------------
    http://www.democrats.com

10. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

33 isn't that old. Especially for a guy like davis who keeps himself in great shape.

I would rather go after someone in 28-30 range(to get a couple more years from them), but davis at 33 isn't bad at all.

------------------
    President of the Charles Barkley fan club...Oh he retired? When?

11. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Don't we need a lowpost scorer? Unless we have an SAR or Webber, Davis wouldn't be the answer... While we do need rebounding, we also need a guy who can go toe to toe with the PF's of the West...

------------------
    Check out my homepage! Loads of sports pics!

http://www.public.asu.edu/~sykim/