1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where does Capela rank amongst AD trade chips?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Feb 25, 2019.

1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Harden in his prime needs to win a ring. Let’s be honest, unless we get an AD caliber player, that’s not happening, especially with CP3 getting old, and super teams about to be established in LA, NY, and/or Boston.

That being said, Pels will want a young player on a cheap long term contract plus draft picks to rebuild.

A package of Capela, fillers, plus 3 picks is strong. That being said, who will realistically have a better offer? I don’t think any of the lakers packages are better (especially because they’re projected to be a super team in the next few years, thus worse quality picks).

To me, it seems like the only package that would beat ours is Tatum plus some Celtics picks that they seem to always have a plethora of. I don’t know if they’d trade Tatum though since he could end up being an AD, or 80% of AD caliber player on his own.

Would you trade capela and 3 picks for a year of AD? Do you think anyone could beat that AND give the Pels what they’re looking for to rebuild?

2. Mr. Space City

According to the GARM, the rockets are better without Harden.

Why not trade Harden straight up for AD?

CP3
    Gordon
    Tucker
    AD
    Capela

No more ball hoggin harden chasing scoring streaks and iso chucking the rockets out of games. :cool:

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what is this, some kind of 'holic thread? :rolleyes:

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It can't be a 'holic thread, he wants to trade Capela for Thon.:eek:

5. dmoneybangbang

These are one of those things I assume a good GM would dangle as part of a deal. Bottomline, relative to the rest the league we can only offer a poo poo platter of Capela, Gordon, Tucker, and picks. There's not a lot of upside there for a Pelican team who can choose which package to accept.

6. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

7. macan

macan Member

capela for AD,
    Jimmy Bucket in the summer
    AD
    PJ
    JB
    JH
    CP
    dam that's a dream lineup

luckyman76, hakeem94 and rhee like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

So if we think it ALMOST happened last year, and if we think we've got a shot at it again this year, then we're being dishonest? o_O:confused:

D-rock, RocksMillenium and roslolian like this.
  9. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

AD overrated as hell. I want someone like Klay Thompson that can shoot 40% and defend....

10. vick

vick Member

Capella and 3 first for 1 year of Ad. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Stephen_A and RocksMillenium like this.
  11. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

If you think that CP3, PJ Tucker, and EG are the same players as last year, if you think our defense is as good as it was last year, and if you think the Bucks, Sixers, Raptors, and Celtics aren't significantly better, then yeah, I'd say you're being dishonest. Do we have a puncher's chance? Yes, but it's a lot lower than it was last year.

12. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

What other package do you think would be offered that is better than ours? A team that trades for AD for a one year rental has to be a team that 1. Believes it could either win the 2020 NBA Finals with AD or convince AD to stay past a year 2. Has a young player on a long term, low contract and 3. Has draft picks.

IMO, that leaves the Celtics, Lakers, Knicks, Nets, and Rockets.

If the Celtics aren't giving up Tatum, I don't think any other young player is better than Capela.
    I don't think the Nets will give up D'angelo, Allen, and Dinwiddie, but if they do, that's better than Capela, but do they still own their picks?
    Clippers don't have young talent other than Montrezl and Shai, who combined are not better than Capela.
    Lakers have Ball, Ingraham, Kuzma, and the rest, but I'm not sure if they are better than Capela. Maybe.
    Knicks have Knox and DSJ, not better than Capela.

Did I miss anything?

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Where does this rank amongst dumbest threads?

14. RocksMillenium

The Rockets have hammered the World champions the last two seasons and should have won the WCF but they only have a puncher's chance. You're clearly doing this for attention.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. RocksMillenium

No it's not.

16. RocksMillenium

I love how the Rockets just manhandled the Warriors on their home court without Harden and with the Warriors at full strength but we're not being honest if we think the Rockets can win a NBA title.

D-rock and topfive like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's because there's this mindset that the Warriors will turn it up a notch in the playoffs and roll over us.

You know, just like they did last year--only they didn't, and just squeaked past us thanks to a key injury and some questionable reffing.

I guess nobody thinks the Rockets, despite looking unmotivated at times this year, don't have a "playoffs are here" switch they can throw.

D-rock likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

I think most people agree those teams' packages are better.

19. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Lol, something is going on in your personal life that’s making you really emotional. You just posted 3 overly aggressive posts in a row without anyone responding to you.

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Why? Why do we need AD when this team has always been a wing starter/star away from a title? What super teams are you taking about? The ones that might or might not happen? This is the reason morey went after lebron and Paul George. The wing/starting 3 position has always been the rockets achiles heel in terms of offense. Ariza couldn’t dribble drive or create his own shot. Very limited on offense. Same with Luc or Tucker in bigger lineups. Gordon is too small. The 2 aforementioned guys in bron and George would make us unbeatable. That’s why jimmy butler generates so much interest. We need a wing not a 7 footer who thinks he’s a guard.

jcmoon likes this.