1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

2. thejav

thejav Member

Just HODL.

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

invite me to CF discord group. I don't know what happened to old account.

4. theimpossibles1

Hope yall made some money my friends.

IMO this was inevitable. Calling the market hyper-inflated would be an understatement. My guess is the crypro market continues to trend downward for a while. A major portion of altcoins will go to zero. A few will rebound and have some long term value.

I used to think bitcoin was the ultimate hodl but now that the mainstream masses are aware of cryptos, it's going to be more about tech and partnerships. Btc is slow.

If Amazon/google/FB etc releases a coin I will be all over it. Otherwise just waiting for a bottom to stabilize before re-investing.

My possible choices: ETH, XRP, XLM, VEN, WTC.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Absolutely. Too many scam and shitcoins on the exchanges. They need to be weed out. It is the old surviv

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Edit. Apologies

Survival of the fittest. For the BTC true believers, I am sorry to say this -- it's reign will be soon over. You can not be king of the hill with slow, costly, wasteful transactions. I don't know who will supplant BTC, but if I had a guess it would be Ethereum.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm holding VEN and WTC.

Is this a smart move?

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Add NEO and STRAT to your portfolio

Hakeemtheking and SirIvyLeague like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Researchers find that one person likely drove Bitcoin from $150 to $1,000

Researchers Neil Gandal, JT Hamrick, Tyler Moore, and Tali Oberman have written a fascinating paper on Bitcoinprice manipulation. Entitled “Price Manipulation in the Bitcoin Ecosystem” and appearing in the recent issue of the Journal of Monetary Economics the paper describes to what degree the Bitcoin ecosystem is controlled by bad actors.

To many it’s been obvious that the Bitcoin markets are, at the very least, being manipulated by one or two big players. “This paper identifies and analyzes the impact of suspicious trading activity on the Mt. Gox Bitcoin currency exchange, in which approximately 600,000 bitcoins (BTC) valued at $188 million were fraudulently acquired,” the researchers wrote. “During both periods, the USD-BTC exchange rate rose by an average of four percent on days when suspicious trades took place, compared to a slight decline on days without suspicious activity. Based on rigorous analysis with extensive robustness checks, the paper demonstrates that the suspicious trading activity likely caused the unprecedented spike in the USD-BTC exchange rate in late 2013, when the rate jumped from around $150 to more than $1,000 in two months.”

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/15/r...person-likely-drove-bitcoin-from-150-to-1000/

B-Bob likes this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

pump and dump

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  11. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

This is going for all alts. Not just xrp.

ADA, XLM and every crypto has **** the bed. Just need another pumper. All are down 15%, but at least XRP boomed. What a good play that was.

SIL

#3811 SirIvyLeague, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Bro, educate yourself. It's doomsday.

SIL

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I'm also in on LTC, we'll see how this fairs.

SIL

14. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Only cc im losing money on is POE. Gonna short a piece here.

Edit: Bitcoin cash too. ****ing got owned there.

SIL

#3814 SirIvyLeague, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Nah, GlenRice is Rocketslegend. He's like the Fredo of Clutchfans, which explains why he's still around.

Hair gel boy's fire was more crude and unpolished. Would be a hoot if the Devry attendee flipped 180 to ivy league tho.

R0ckets03 and RedRedemption like this.
  16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Resounding yes but depending not on what you paid, you can look to swap out coins and re-buy after a dip

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I havent invested more than im willing to lose and ive already cashed out my original investments in the all time highs recently.

Its basically house money for me so now ima just delete blockfolio and check back up again in a month or two lol. Everything is taken off the exchanges and safe in the ledger nano s (Except my ada in daedulus)

As long as you dont put in more then you are willing to lose then its easy to be patient and long hodl.

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  18. jbasket

jbasket Member

Ok brehs, time to club baby seals.

19. theimpossibles1

Like this post if you made a profit.

20. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

You realize given the time we all got in, everybody made profit. If you didn't, you ****ed up.

All the research in the world, and @Yung-T couldn't predict Fatal Tuesday. Come on now, all indications were there.

Glad some folks traded wisely, and only put in what they could lose. Glad some sold out to regain their initial investment, and this is just house money now.

I'm still in it to win it though.

SIL