1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah VEN is going great! I'm still curious on XLM..

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

There is one very stupid, very mind-numbingly simplistic explanation for why Tron started gaining traction.

It was the cheapest coin on Binance.

jbasket, Hakeemtheking and CCity Zero like this.
  3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Exactly..I'm not a fan of them at all but if profits are to be made...then whatever

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Their stupid founder, Justin or what's his name, kept pumping it on Twitter for some stupid ass reason. It wasn't even a good one. I stayed away entirely. It reeked of a penny stock schemer.

Of course, analysis taught me that. Not instinct.

SIL

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I usually go for that, but their founder Twitter pumping it. I forgot the actual tweet, but there were two...one a partnership with game.com and another calling out cnbc or msnbc one of the two. It going on TV(how I saw it) and it just pumping.

Straight fraud homie.

SIL

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

BSD doesn't play ball in these areas. We're the mother****ing whales.

SIL

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I cashed out decent amount on it, but you're right straight red flags, I just planned on dumping and timed it right slightly below market, took 28 instead of 31 when I invested at between 4-8 cents, and it worked out well But you basically have to be ready at moments notice when it goes, or you'll be left with a bag of garbage. Especially since Tron got caught so quickly.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

So now coin I'm looking at is ADC, they actually have a working product, I did use yobit but have moved off the exchange (straight garbage exg on parts). I am expecting it to go really well, if not it was a cheap, but I want to say they launch in new market soon that could position it for a cheap bump.

Seems to be getting some decent momentum, but again it could be another pump, and honestly as long as I leave with cash I'm okay with it.. But sounded fun and at least something that's real.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/audiocoin/#markets

#3708 CCity Zero, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Dude, nothing is real. Just swng the way momentum goes and be careful when you get out.

Seriously, don't take this research **** seriously.

SIL

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Forgive me if this question is stupid, but I'm only just now getting into this game. I have an account on Coinbase. I have an account on Binance. I have purchased some coins on Coinbase (though they aren't quite available yet). If I want to buy some of these alt-coins on Binance I have to transfer some of my eth or litecoin from Coinbase to Binance, right? How do I do that? I can't seem to figure it out on the Binance website. Or maybe I've got it all wrong in my head.

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  11. gambingo

gambingo Member

When you login binance, go to funds tab (top right) > deposit withdrawal> look for eth or litecoin whichever you want to transfer> deposit, copy the deposit address. Now go to coinbase or gdax and paste that address and withdraw. Hope that helps

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hopefully you bought ETH. Cheaper and faster transaction.

CCity Zero and SirIvyLeague like this.
  13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Why were you RESEARCHING tron? Nothing is real. You should have sprinkled a couple Gs on Tron and watched it whale. I am so disappointed in you.. my whole view of you has now changed.

BSD loses money when you go away from what you preach. Stick to the non-research gambles and let everyone know who's back.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I agree with you, basically on some I got lucky on and gained 2-5x I'd just dump slightly below peak, I found I was profiting pretty good, but you really have to stay on top of it. With how much/fast news spreads can send market soaring or crashing. I wish more exchanges had stop loss. I used it on one I knew was garbage still made out decent..

But yeah, with some of these flops some of these projects are too good to be true (tron) or just plain garbage that never launches. There are surely some gems but hopefully they don't get screwed by some of this garbage.

ADC I just thought was interesting since it works with music and some artists launched there, decent team over 2 years and nice bump, but could obviously fall flat instantly. For cheap investment might be worth a shot. But yeah, Def no guarantees. Unless we get lucky and are in one of those groups that coordinates a pump.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hehe, I honestly got lucky was heavily watching what was going on and **** Justin was saying, saw the spike with 3k in stock already and sold it all at 28cents from initial investment of 4-6cents. I should have bought more, but it was definitely a nice feeling getting out near the top, then as the rumors became true never bought in again. Justin had to have made mad profits.

I think research or hypes are definitely worth looking into, and good projects will win out but could be a bumpy ride getting there :) but if along the way we can make money on garbage I'm okay with that :)

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You can absolutely make money on garbage like Tron, Ripple ( :) ), Verge, etc. But when the music stops playing, I don't want to be sitting on a bag of any of those. I feel much better getting into solid projects that I'm not concerned about it losing 100% value because the lead guy fakes big partnerships from his apartment.

Feel free to chase crappy coins and hope for a pump, I would just hope you are getting out of them once you get x profit and re-investing in something more secure.

Hakeemtheking and CCity Zero like this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

As mentioned above, make sure you use eth/ltc depending, and make sure you are on the correct currency you're transferring in. On your exchange accounts they will give you addresses for specific transactions/currencies etc. This is a huge deal, because you don't want to be on Coinbase/Gdax and then trying to xfer ETH/LTC to a BTC address or something.

And never use BTC to xfer between exchanges unless you're millionaire over night and don't give a **** :)

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing, Tron I bought in on hype but red flags started showing and was heavily watching the day that pump went. But as far as **** coins trying to be careful and not really be in on them, tron was honestly just huge hype and kept getting fed BS that while I knew better but was hoping anyway... But obviously way too good to be true.

So right now in on VEN, XLM, DENT, and then ADC gambling on but not much only 1500 shares unless it looks better, again it might be trash... But at least has a working product (well more than this other stuff I've seen get huge gains).

You think ven/xlm/dent are okay? Just wanting to make sure I didn't miss anything bad.

I'm not too much a fan of ripple, and verge I only did because managed to literally stumble on coordinated pump/dump

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Agreed. Couldn't help but look when I saw that ugly sob on my TV.

So, I pulled a little T and researched Tron founder Justin

SIL

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I bought some of both LTC and ETH but bought extra of LTC because I thought that was the easiest one to transfer.