1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[WC First Round] (4)Oklahoma City vs. (5)Utah

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 11, 2018.

?

(4)Oklahoma City vs. (5)Utah

Poll closed Apr 14, 2018.
  1. Thunder in 4

1.6%
  2. Thunder in 5

1.6%
  3. Thunder in 6

23.4%
  4. Thunder in 7

11.7%
  5. Jazz in 7

16.4%
  6. Jazz in 6

39.1%
  7. Jazz in 5

4.7%
  8. Jazz in 4

1.6%
  1. basketballholic

Oh yes. He takes a lot of charges too. Very quick feet defensively. He's always among the league leaders at taking charges and in total defensive turnovers created.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Joe Ingles living "rent free" in Paul "Playoff P" George's head is not what I expected to see in the playoffs.

What entertainment we got from Utah last night. Westbrook doing bull in a china shop, Mitt Romney, OKC just running around jacking shots.

And then the capper being ESPN's social media post of "Hustle Russell." We have reached PEAK ESPN here.

TBH, I was most worried about @DreamShook's likely overdose.

IvanLCPM, Vivi, Clutch and 5 others like this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We need to be rooting for the Thunder to push this to seven.

As I live in Utah, suddenly the bandwagon is in full effect. Everyone at work is suddenly wearing Jazz t-shirts. Even the neutral fans are already telling me "I'm pulling for the Jazz over the Rockets in the next round because they're underdogs."

Everyone who thinks Joe Ingles is cute right now is going to QUICKLY remember how to hate the Jazz if they make it to the next round.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Jazz were my preferred matchup in round 1.

They can’t score like Houston can and the Rockets defend Mitchell well.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think I might survive an OKC first round exit. I might not have the use of my legs and thumbs but I think I will be alive. I have no doubt in my mind, If OKC missed the playoffs, My obituary would have been faxed to my sisters.

Deuce likes this.
  6. napalm06

I believe that, but I do have PTSD from past series. And it's mind-numbing to live in the epicenter of these church ballers.

slothy420 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

are you resigning tyreke evans this summer?

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm rooting for as many OKC L's as possible. I want OKC out of the playoffs!

In case you haven't been paying attention, a lot of people are rooting against the Rockets and thirsting for the return of "Playoff Harden".

Joe Ingles has gotten into sh-t talking matches with Harden many times already. We know who Joe Ingles is.

I know everyone is feeling the Jazz, but I'm on record saying I wanted Utah in the first round more than Minny. Harden really seems to love destroying Rick Rubio.

BMoney, Invisible Fan and RyanB like this.
  9. napalm06

I never implied that I'm scared of the Jazz. Not sure where everyone is getting that.

My point is that we should always want our next opponents to go to a drag-out 7-game series. It ain't complicated. Let the Jazz win, but do it in 7 tough games. Best scenario.

You're not going to catch me cheering for a Jazz gentleman's sweep and confidence booster, regardless of how much I hate Westbrook.

These teams are both enemies.

BMoney, Hakeemtheking and slothy420 like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not ashamed to say I'm more worried about the Thunder than Utah. If Thunder push it to 7 they are going to win the series IMO. I'm fine with the Jazz having confidence if they defeat the Thunder.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

tell me why he's not just another Ryan Anderson?

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he can handle the ball and pass

DreamShook likes this.
  13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Cool, so they'll consistently be bounced out of the 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs for the next 4 years or so while at some point within that time frame, get swept in the WCF by the eventual champs.

Sounds legit to me!

This is not Rubio's team, this is the rookie Donovan Mitchell's team. Gordon Hayward would have most likely still been watching from his house, unless you know for a fact his injury would have never happened if he stayed with Utah.

This team will put up a good fight but doesn't have the firepower to keep up with us (as long as we're hitting our open 3s) in the 2nd round.

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He can handle a little and moves around much better, makes himself easier to find than Ryno. Ryno rebounds much better when he sets his mind to it. Neither guy can create their own shot worth a dime.

Ingles is predictable and very easy to guard. He can kill undisciplined and forgetful defenses. If the Rockets play focused and keep Donovan Mitchell out of the lane, Ingles won't do much. But he has a knack for finding open spots on the perimeter.

Some guys see the whole floor and carve up defenses distributing. Ingles knows where to slide to be open.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

This might be the best case scenario for hilarity.

Suspend Westbrook and watch OKC all of a sudden gel for Game 5. Then WB comes back for Game 6 for a repeat performance of Game 4.

Obito likes this.
  17. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Small opinion from myself: you can love russ and also acknowledge his shortcomings. The guy unravels when adversity strikes, and this is now a trend. Harden of course has a history of 'shutting down' in the past when playoff games went awry, and he was understandably excoriated as a result of that demeanor (by us and others). He also has played poorly in 4th quarters, and against us last year threw up errant 3 pointers early in the shot clock, turned the ball over, etc. He was deservedly the MVP last year, I am not doubting that. But he is a very, very flawed MVP whose weaknesses have been on full display.

Easy likes this.
  18. what

what Member

Like it or not Russell Westbrook is a legend and despite what Colin Cow-idiot has to say about it. The guy plays the game with a ferocity that is rarely seen. I haven't really seen anything like Russell Westbrook since Allen Iverson. And you know what else is great about him he's loyal unlike Kevin mental midget Durant allowing Golden State to Punk him out.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. what

what Member

And hell Indiana got better when they got rid of the overrated Paul George