1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (4)Oklahoma City vs. (5)Utah

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 11, 2018.

?

(4)Oklahoma City vs. (5)Utah

Poll closed Apr 14, 2018.
  1. Thunder in 4

1.6%
  2. Thunder in 5

1.6%
  3. Thunder in 6

23.4%
  4. Thunder in 7

11.7%
  5. Jazz in 7

16.4%
  6. Jazz in 6

39.1%
  7. Jazz in 5

4.7%
  8. Jazz in 4

1.6%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's been worse than the Kardasians

The only good source for news is Clutchfans and for TV, it's TNT Inside the NBA

ramotadab, BigShasta and juanm34 like this.
  2. beardsanity713

All the media seem to be so sure that okc will still win the series just based on their talent dwn 3-1 and im like tf????

If Harden and Rox were down 3-1 the media and all other fans would rejoice call us chokers and never ending I told you so about Harden CP & MDA
    all i hear is excuses for these guys

I just find it funny how no one is as critical of this team as they are the Rox & Harden... ppl have been giving this team passes all
    season with the their a playoff built team narrative but nothing has changed with that team

Hakeemtheking and BigShasta like this.
  3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Westbrook is not a winning b-ball player.

I’m glad Kenny pointed that out last night.

His ego gets in the way of the goal.

slothy420 likes this.
  4. swifty

swifty Member

inglis always talks trash.

he has a tendency to get under peoples skin. partly is because he does not look like an athlete so when he does something awesome, the defender feels punked or jingled. so he gets under their skin with trash talking. and he loves it.

ramotadab and BigShasta like this.
  5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Watching these 2 teams over the last 3 months, it was crystal clear who the better basketball team was.

For whatever reason, so many people consistently buy in to the OKC hype.

basketballholic likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Carmelo Anthony and Corey Brewer are in the starting lineup.

/Thread...

If I was Billy Donovan, I'd throw this out there.
    1. Westbrook
    2. Alex Abrines
    3. Paul George
    4. Patrick Patterson
    5. Steven Adams
    ----------------------------
    6. Carmelo Anthony
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    DNP-CD. Corey Brewer

All in all though, what an enjoyable, Deliverance-esque ass-pounding this has been.

jboslett and juanm34 like this.
  7. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I have actually been shocked by how little Russ has been criticized. Terrible 4th quarters (which is now a trend and last year was chalked up to ‘fatigue’), shameless stat padding, and a complete lack of composure whenever adversity strikes. If Harden was doing the same, we’d never hear the end of it. For whatever reason, the media lets Russ get away with it.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Said the exact same thing to my wife last night. But I mentioned the spurs game 6 about harden. But everything your saying is FACTS!!! Westbrook better get it from everybody NO PASSES!

Mr. Space City likes this.
  9. plee

plee Member

Carmelo would become a cancer or pout ...I agree, Brewer should not be starting

I would have Paul become like Harden/Paul by having him run with the first/second team while Russ is on the bench. This will free him up and give him more shots. Of course, if this works then Russ may never come off the court...

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

First Take had a replay of Mitchell's post game interview, and the defeaning roar of the crowd as they cheer this kid was amazing. TC better represent next game.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Westbrook is a loser

Idiot media slowly realizing that they tried to put a stat padder into the upper echelons of players

Disgrace

Mazulis, Obito, Hakeemtheking and 2 others like this.
  12. what

what Member

lol @ rox fans. Westbrook has become mortal enemy #1 over the fact that russ took harden's mvp last year.

a small silent (outsider) opinion on russ. You guys can love the player russ is, and still be mad that your boy harden didn't get mvp.
    Everything in the nba is politics and favorites, but the mvp is usually a deserved award to whomever gets it. Nash won the award despite many people not believing he was the best player in the league.
    I think harden is GREAT and he deserves the mvp this year, but I don't consider him the best player in the league. He and his team had the best year and that needs to be rewarded, so I'm fine with him getting the mvp.
    Intrestingly enough, nash and harden both share a common denominator: d'toni. That offense made Jerry Lin a star for 5 minutes.
    I was going to post this a while back in the garm but didn't: that these playoffs would be decided by d'toni's offense vs kerrs offense. Who's a better offensive coach. In my opinion, d'toni is GOAT, he's the best offensive coach of alltime.

#1172 what, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im not too worried about Utah. They remind a bit of the Timberwolves. They are great in the sprint but they struggle with closing in the long haul. A team like OKC makes Utah look a lot better than they really are.

People keep forgetting the distance from GSW and HOU with the rest of the league is pretty wide. So many keep saying to keep watching OKC, BOS and CLE. Just like POR, they all have glaring weaknesses that are exposed playing a series. And even HOU has their own weaknesses.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

When Ricky Rubio is living in your head rent free, you know you got 99 problems but winning ain't one

Typical selfish Russ

hakeem94, Mazulis and ramotadab like this.
  15. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Not gonna lie though: would much rather play OKC than Utah. Utah is defensively a better team and gives teams problems, more so than OKC (and to your point Minnesota)

16. basketballholic

Because Rubio sucks. He sucks. He sucks. He sucks. He sucks so bad that he just sucks.

LOL

Rubio is living on your own head and the head of 80% of the posters here rent-free.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

You twisting errthing again?

I said Rubio would be a waste alongside Harden because he cannot play off the ball and is a mediocre shooter

You wanted Rubio to be primary ball handler relegating Harden to secondary. That was not gonna happen here. Harden doesn't respect Rubio as much as he does CP3

RiceRockets likes this.
  18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

LOL. Russ is like when Bryce Harper ran into an outfield wall chasing a homerun and ended up being out several weeks with an injury. After that people started to be like, "okay, it's great you hustle and all, but hustling is one thing, being out of control is another." All I saw in that video was a bunch of stupid fouls.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Skip predictably is going down with the Thunder ship, still harping on that "playing down to their competition" nonsense, and lamenting the fact that the Thunder aren't playing the Rockets, who he just knows they can beat.

20. likestohypeguy

Run a thread