1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tx Tag users: Use with caution

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Nov 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. VanityHalfBlack

For those that have a Tx Tag and living in Houston, the system is behind on calculating and computing your information when using it on tolls. This means that The Harris County Toll Authority thinks you are passing on the toll roads without the tags which in result are in violation and unpaid tolls is calculated on your license plate and being sent to collection agency. They are a month behind and now they have to sort this thing out and you can't use the tag until then. Which sucks for people who uses it to go to work. Just letting you guys know this beforehand. Don't buy a Tx Tag!!

2. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

You have to register your plates. Once it's in the system you're good to go. I don't know why it's not mandatory like it is when you get an ez tag.

The tx tag is actually better than the ez tag and it's free. If anything everyone in Houston should get the tx tag. Why the hcta think they're better than the rest of the state is beyond me.

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

How is tx tag better than ez tag?

4. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

1. It's free
    2. Minimum refill amount is $20 as opposed to $40
    4. It's much easier to get your fines waved when going through tolls in Houston.

But mainly because it's free. Why do I need to spend $15 every time I get a new car for a tag when I already have an account. Granted after 3 cars they only charge $10 per sticker, but that's still a waste of money. And why do I need $40 in my account at any given time when I spend less than a $1 a day on average for tolls?

1 person likes this.
  5. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I don't use it a lot, but looking at my account everything seems up to date.

My vehicle/plate number is listed in my account info on the site. Is there something else I should check?

I've been pretty happy with TxTag so far, for the reasons redefined mentioned.

6. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Well said. TxTag > EZ Tag for these reasons. Too many Houstonians are unaware of it, however I've noticed the new toll signs have included the logo so hopefully people will be curious about options other than HCTRA. Also, you can use EZ Tag on almost all tolls roads throughout Texas.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Are TX Tags accepted on any toll road in the state the same way EZ Tags are?

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Better to cover your plates with a piece of cardboard when travelling the toll ways. Haven't paid a toll since '98.

#tollroadsaremybitch

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

1. ride a motocycle
    2. split the lanes
    3. go fast

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yep. All Texas toll tags bought from any agency (TxTag, NTTA in DFW, and EzTag) can be used on any state toll roads.

11. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I am a cheap ass and ride on the feeder. It is $200 a month for me to use the beltway like I need to. Its only about a 10 mile stretch of road that I need but that's about $2400 a year. I ride with my fellow paupers and the truckers and sit through the lights and construction.

12. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Agreed. I used to use TxTag and it was great. It's free, and it only requires $20 minimum.

In other words, $20 vs $55 on the initial cost. Never had issues with it. I only use EZTAG now because I'm a lazy mother****er and the parking garage I use only takes EZTAG accounts to automatically open the gates when I enter or leave.

13. Faust

Faust Member

im poor so no ez tag or texas tag for me. i use the coin machine now and then but they got rid of a lot of them and only ez tag now. if i do have enough money one day for a toll sticker im going with texas tag. thanks for the tip to save $ folks.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I always suspect the lights etc are worse .. . to try and force you on the TollWay

Rocket River

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Is there any discount on tolls?

I don't see a reason to switch from Eztag to Txtag if there's no discount on tolls. The minimal fee to switch to a new car down the road is irrelevant. $15? Not even gonna sweat that. Now if there's a running discount that can add up!

16. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Serious question. Would you guys go through tolls naked if it were free? Free tollways as long as the driver is nude.

17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

What the hell kind of question is that?!? :confused:

Of course I would :grin:

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Ummm... :confused:

I have ridden with my mother-in-law in the car some times in the H.O.V. and the TOLL/MANAGED lanes.

YES. :eek:

19. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Both of yall were nude too!

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How much is the DisCount on EZTag?

Rocket River