1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Approval at 55%! Go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yay for Trump... his numbers got up to 47%!! Oh wait, wrong question... :eek:

Poll: 47 percent back impeachment for Trump
    http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/337476-poll-47-percent-of-voters-support-trumps-impeachment

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You win the internet today.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe having the smell of daily **** is better than Trump getting **** done. For legal and illegal immigrants, oppressed minorities, and other groups it could be much worse.

As a side experiment, it seems Conservatives are able to live off schadenfreude rather than real progress to whatever they claimed to have stood for.

I mean... what more does one need in life than to be privileged and winning? Amirite righties?

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Plenty of stuff to do. Trickle down/deregulation/put more money into politics. Stop hippies from smoking the weed (almost as bad as heroin) make more private prisons to profit off of the public that's highly incarcerated. stop gheys from marrying. Screw the poor mothers and their children on Medicaid and food assistance affordable school etc. but PRO LIFE. Those kids can grow up to fill those prisons ya know.

Feel free to add more.

I've stated on here enough, Clinton was not my choice. SJW's annoy the hell out of me. I've seen enough of it on UT campus. But by god the policies I've stated above I just can not get behind.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

I haven't brought it up with the extended family, because I don't talk politics with them for the most part, nor have I asked this at the bar, but I'm curious:

Has anyone talked to a Trump voter who has regrets?

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Even the most hardcore racist Trump supporters I know are admitting he's an idiot "who just needs to stop tweeting".

However .... they still lace that conversation with conspiracy theories "they've heard" about Hillary Clinton, b**** about the media, and liberal protestors. Etc etc. so regret isn't the word I would use. They blame him for screwing up their opportunity to get some real good ole boy stuff done (yes they still believe Trump represents red necks believe it or not).

They haven't changed nor will they and they'd probably still vote for him again if it was Trump vs a typical establishment or progressive Democrat. A moderate Democrat might get their vote over Trump but I doubt it.

Democrats can't play the game in 18/20 trying to win over Republican voters that's for damn sure.

#287 dobro1229, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Every time Trump does something unabashedly corrupt or stupid, I bring it up with the 3-4 open Trump supporters I know and it illicits a big "so what/shrug/liberal media/butheremails" from them.

If they stuck with him through all his other garbage, they're not jumping ship now.

The principled conservatives I know are just seething though.

#288 DonnyMost, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    justtxyank likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know some strong trump supporters. Here's my breakdown

1) Absolutey love him still. Think all of the negativity is basically made up by CNN. Literally laugh out loud if you mention anything that was on CNN. Or in the Washington Post or basically any other media source except Fox News and even that is questionable if it's bad.

2) wish he would get off Twitter

3) believe he stepped down from a life of luxury and making millions to save the country. Sacrificial

4) never had a chance. He just wants what's best for America but he establishment hates him so much because he's not a politician that they are out to destroy him

Honestly I only know one trump supporter that is disappointed with him at all and regret is way too strong of a word

Amiga, Astrodome and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

It looks like he was having lots of fun, maybe he should have stayed there, better off for everyone.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's Trump's base. He said himself that he could shoot a man in the middle of 5th Ave. and they'd still love him.

They aren't the one's who won him the election anyways. It's the people scared of by that moron Hillary.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You nailed it on all points. Their blame the media mantra is like crack. It must feel very good. Even I agree the media is biased but the nuttiness by Trash lovers is at a level I've never seen before.

I also know some guys who almost voted for Trump but didn't. They are totally disgusted with the guy and think he's a disgrace. Maybe there is a psychological thing going on where if the level was pulled, he must be defended at all costs instead of admitting such a monumental mistake.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Clinton, contrary to what most republicans feel was quite the moderate candidate. Not my choice either, but the issue is we are more and more polarized. If the Dems actually put up a hippy liberal they might have won that thing, instead they went moderate. Don't believe me, look at Bill Clinton's record for reference. Eliminated a lot of social welfare programs, balanced the budget, enacted don't ask don't tell, NAFTA, all right leaning policies. But because he got a hummer in the white house he's suddenly a super liberal. It's hilarious.

Truth be told extreme left and right won't move this country forward, only spin it in circles. The SJW's of the left are as bad as the Trumpetors on the right.

15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

dobro1229 likes this.
  16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the fact that anybody who has ever served in the military could support someone who says POW's are not heroic b/c they were captured is still baffling to me.

not to mention the fact that candidate trump actually said that he knows more than the generals about ISIS.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

1) it's so much easier if i don't have to trust bad news... ahhh win for me
    2) should be smarter but hey, he speaks his mind; i justify my acceptance of this by attacking safe place and political correctness; too much PC is the root of all our issue, so go Trump
    3) if i had his type of money, i would be partying.... absolute scarify from my dear leader
    4) absolutely, the deep state is strong and I'm not going to let them win

18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Well, he did create the plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days.

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I would like to see that plan, it is probably sitting in the same place as the plan to prove that 2 million voters voted fraudulently.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

he would have if people would give him a chance ....
    to golf more often