1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the best way to resolve conflict with a neighbor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by esketit, Jul 18, 2018.

?

what is the best way

1. call the police

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. post a passive aggresive message on neighborhood board

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. confront them

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  4. confront them aggressively

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. just ignore it

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Maybe call the zoo? Don't need a tiger running around the neighborhood.

2. esketit

esketit Member

My neighborhood has all of our mailboxes on one side. I have my mailbox and my neighbors in front of my house so I park in front of the empty lot in between my house and my complaining neighbor. She has called the city and told them there is an abondoned car and she thinks it possibly has a body in it. The cop told me not to confront her bc I was not suppposed to know she was the one who complained. I have explained to her husband there is no dead bosy in the vehicle. She then called the police again and said the vehicle is suspicious and something about possible drug/gang activity. The cop came back and has asked me to be the bigger person and to park in the driveway. I have 3 vehicles so i parked two in the driveway and one halfway on the driveway and the other half on the grass. She called the city and I now have a warning for parking on the grass

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

God damn son. That sucks.

esketit likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Keep your car in front of the lot on the street. I'm dead serious about a camera (she seems like the kind of person who could also resort to vandalism). Talk to the police when she inevitably calls them again and inquire about filing harassment charges. Let the police talk to her and explain that you are doing nothing wrong and to leave you alone.

5. cml750

cml750 Member

That sucks. Since you said they are senior citizens they are probably stuck in their ways. There is not much you can do other than let them know you have no choice but to park there and apologize for any inconvenience.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get a copy of the complaints she made to the police (mentioning gang activity, abandon car, dead body). Park you car in a garage. Take her to small claims court and sue for the cost of the garage.

One of two things will happen.

1. You will freak them out when they realize you are taking legal action and they will sue for peace.
    2. You will go to court and when it comes out they were lying to the police to get what they wanted, the judge will very likely rule in your favor just to punish them

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Obviously it's up to the HOA or city to define the rule.

That said, I find it annoying when people use the street as their driveway. I find it rude and inconsiderate. The current neighborhood I'm in is really bad about it. There are a group of houses next to each other and all park their vehicles on both sides of the street, turning it into a single lane that makes it difficult to navigate when there is oncoming traffic.

TheFreak likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Complaining about your parking? Burn their house down.

9. conquistador#11

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

What do the police say? Are you parking legally? In front of their house? Lots of people, especially old people, forget it is a public street.

If repeatedly...it is harassment

I don't see where talking to them hurts anything though.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

12. esketit

esketit Member

i physically threatened them with voilence

13. Daddy Long Legs

What the ***? You need to chill the hell out dude.

No wonder they call the cops on you. You need to treat your neighbors with some more respect

14. esketit

esketit Member

im a girl. also i will no longer be bullied by MEN

15. Daddy Long Legs

@BigTex @bigtexxx would shoot you if you threatened him with violence.

You shouldnt take that lightly

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

have you tried placing pro-Trump bumper stickers on your car!

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Depends. . . .. do you want them dead. . . . if so call the cops. . . .there is a 50/50 chance they will take them out for you
    If you want to .. be passive aggressive . .. . . . kind of weak and soft but could be effective
    Confront them . . .and you should be good

Rocket River