1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Sky's the limit for Clint Capela"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Somebody on the rockets needs to clue him into this fact: Houston = welcoming to Africans, welcoming to all people, not just Hispanics, blacks, Asians, immigrants, or white people. Our food reflects that. Dallas = welcoming...to people who look like Chandler Parsons. Their food...just a bunch of Panera breads and their farm to table hipster variants.

We should have known when Parsons was a Rocket, that he had that taste for Denver Dallas and Phoenix all along.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Oh you missed out?!

@basketballholic hook him up bro!

We need your latest scoop on who is the latest and greatest Capela replacement on your radar.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Soneca

Soneca Member

Thong Maker wouldn't replace him, but be a great improvment. I think you need to read again that special edition of the newsletter from last summer, the one with Rubio on the cover.

Harrisment likes this.
  4. ballscientist1

Every Rockets free agents are playing great right now.

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Morey faints

Lawlruschang and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wouldn't say Ariza is playing great, but he had a good Game 2 performance.

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

Cleverly disguised jinx article.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Clint has really stepped up against KAT. That is not easy to do. His defense always will be better than his offense. It's not easy to defend the P/R, but it's not impossible. Once you get physical with Clint and crash the offensive boards, he loses confidence. I have never seen him coming close to dominating Steven Adams. The Rockets should see what steps is Clint taking in the off season in order to get to the next level, before making a decision to offer him a big contract. Clint should work with KG in the off season.

alethios and Lawlruschang like this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

BimaThug alluded to Tilman paying a lot in luxury tax to keep this team together on Twitter. I think that means Clint is a max player on max years, but coming off a rookie scale contract the max is less I think.

This would be a fascinating discussion to have with Morey. I'm sure there are ways to complicate a contract that we have no clue about.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't care what he's offered this summer. The Rockets would be insane to not match. That 44-3 record(including playoffs) when he, Harden, and CP3 play together is ridiculous. If they lose Clint, their title hopes take a huge blow.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I could see Cuban paying him just so Houston can't have him, out of spite. They might even post a picture clubbing together.

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I tell people all the time. Clint I l9ve him but he is expendable. 7 f t tall guys that roll n oop are not the hardest thing to find. 95 percent of his offense come from cp3 n harden. I repeat as much as I love him. I would be perfectly happy with Jordan. We wouldn't miss a beat. Maybe we would be better idk. Trust me Clint if u get to crazy it's other plans out there.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Cleverly disguised 4/20 article. We know he smokes.

Harrisment likes this.
  14. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

jordan wouldn't be cheaper, and carries greater risk of injury, no upside, cannot finish off the glass or drive in like capela can

Voltik and don grahamleone like this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You mean his limit is through the sky!

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Jordan is better defensively, n it's nice Capella can finish off glass but that's doesn't move me,cause a lot of times I'm like I wish he would have just dunked that. 2 points is 2 point. Jordan averages more. N he has said..rumor he would take a discount here. N Jordan rebounds better. My points they are pretty much interchangeable. Jordan already made his money. I bet for the home town he would take less then a max Capella would fetch

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

last season kat dominated him twice, now kat is genuinely afraid of going at him 1 on 1.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's not that simple bud. Clint is much faster than most bigs at his true height 6'11 - 7'0 as of now. He reacts and jumps at timings most human beings will never realize no matter how hard they train.

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I'm comparing him to jordan bud. Ima basketball fan. True rockets diehard. But u can't tell me Jordan wouldn't give u about the same.if not better then Capella. Go down the line. What capella does better. Better touch around the rim. Like i.said..i rather my bigs be able to just throw it down.

20. alethios

alethios Member

I hope Tilman will defer to Daryl in all matters contracts. Daryl is the wizard after all.

don grahamleone likes this.