1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Road Rage - What would you do?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by aeroman10, Feb 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

What would you do if this would be you inside the car?

<object width="464" height="392"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/NDQ4MDEy"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/NDQ4MDEy" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="464" height="392"></embed></object><br><font size=1><a href="http://www.break.com/index/road-rage-knock-out.html">Road Rage Knock Out</a> - Watch more <a href="http://www.break.com/">free videos</a></font>

I think the guy should have rolled up the window and drove off. Then he should have called the cops. Why sit there and argue?

I carry a gun...so if I could not drive off I would also try to scare the other punk...obviously I would not be justified in shooting him but threatening him would have been OK...I think.

2. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Once upon a time, I wouldn't have waited five minutes to jump out and beat that punk's ass.

Now that I have a family, I would drive off. My ego/pride takes a back seat to responsibility now.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

LOL that was perfect timing to knock him out.. as the cop car comes screeching to a halt at the scene... sounds like something that would happen to me

4. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I'm surprised they didn't just jump out and kick the guy's ass. There were 2 of them in that car. They guy looks like a prick who's all talk. And spitting? Cmon what are we in 3rd grade?

So what exactly happened before the cam started rolling? I don't know the story behind this confrontation.

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

"Hey, son...get the camera. I'm about to get in this punks ass."

6. danny317

danny317 Member

and hes down for the count!

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Ok. Let's say this did happen to you and you did capture it on video.
    Would you really post it on the internet?

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How embarrasing.....for the father.....what a great example.

One time when I was a kid, we had a similar incident where a guy got pissed off at my dad in our station wagon, he jumped out of the car and kicked our car hard as we drove by him....

My dad....flipped him the bird, and the guy got in his car and started following us.....my dad drove to the police station and got out....the guy just drove right on by.

I was proud of my dad, I think he handled it well......

Flipping the bird....well the guy deserved that after kicking our car.

DD

#8 DaDakota, Feb 8, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  9. Jeremiah

He jacked him GOOD.

But like DD said, it's a horrible example for your kids. I know that talk like that sounds wussy when you're a young guy, but you have to do what's right for your family. Getting arrested, potentially killed, or even going to jail for killing someone by knocking them into traffic (which is what the guy almost did -screeching brakes) is bad.

10. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Some woman almost hit me in a parking lot and she was pissed at me :rolleyes: . She gave me the middle finger and it was a good one. Great form and all.

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i would have stabbed that punk and he still would have gotten arrested for assault.

12. danny317

danny317 Member

i think you would be arrested also for assault w/ a deadly weapon. the other guy wasnt armed.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I was rooting for the guy outside the car. I generally have a negative opinion of people who drive trucks and suv's thus I was rooting for the guy who was keepin it real.

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

its called self-defense. people have shot and killed other drivers who attacked them and not been charged.

15. danny317

danny317 Member

if the guy got hit by a car and died, wouldnt that be still considered self defense?

yes, not a good example to set for kids.

16. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Nice :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. Jeremiah

I'm not a lawyer, but if you knock someone into traffic, I'm sure you could get charged with manslaughter.

I had a parking lot incident with a 60/70-year old man once. My ex-girlfriend had MS so we would park in handicapped parking. Sometimes her legs would just go out and I would have to carry her, but she looked 'normal'.

Well, we pulled into a handicapped parking spot, and this old foreign man about six inches shorter than me comes up and starts yelling. I tried to calmly tell him what was up but he wasn't hearing it. So I told him to eff off and started walking away. He took a swing at me! He grazed my back, but I barely felt it. I was flabbergasted...my GF pulled me away (I didn't even think about hitting this old guy back).

He went so far as to call the cops and was waiting for us when we got out, but the handicap card was registered to my GF, so we left. I told the cop that the old guy took a swing at me, but he ignored it. It was crazy.

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Not anymore. Thank you Castle Doctrine!

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I've had my share of people getting pissed at me on the road. One time when I first started driving I almost ran into another truck, I think ran through a 4 wy stop, he got real pissed and threatened to get his gun. I had another roll down his window and called me a p*ssy for not running a light that was turning red and he was behind me, drove up beside me to do that.

20. danny317

danny317 Member

i learned in my chl class that your force must "match" their level of force.

if they are unarmed, you cant pull a weapon unless theyre like 5x bigger than you.

the guys in the video seemed about the same size.