1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Good structure and smart step down trade that could be consummated at once. I would like to keep EGo but I think he is going to have to go for it to work. I'm actually wondering in your trade if they and we might prefer that the Cavs get Chandler. In addition to the 2 1sts, we are providing them with over $20M+ in NGs and Chandler is an expiring that provides even more flexibility for further salary reduction or additional trades. They may move Thompson or Love or both and have Chandler for a rim protector. I think we would prefer to keep Tucker. LBJ takes EGo and Ryno's shots and minutes. LBJ fades more to also taking their roles so it make sense to keep Tucker. If this happens, it probably happens before FA has played out so we need to keep our wings and what we control under contract. It gives them incredible flexibility they probably want. Chandler is likely playing his last year but we still have 3 years at least of PJ left. We will only have the TP MLE and minimums going forward to accrue additional assets so it makes sense to keep what we have and have mid-contract tradeable pieces that we can move without having 1sts in future years. If we got Tyson, I don't think we would plan to move him but then we lose that asset after one season. Wright seems like a perfect fit here to me in that he adds the extra 10 min of Capela we don't get and provides that buffer to let Nene play the way he needs to as well. That seems like the perfect 5 rotation to me. Tyson may also get bought out and we could pick him up later as long as he is not traded to us. I will have to look again for the simultaneous transaction rules to make it work.

2. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

To be fair is not significantly more than what he’s made on average. The market for guys like Ariza, who’s still contributing, is going to be pretty good. You also can’t compare his market value from past contract to future contracts that he will receive because the cap has risen.

3. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Serious injury? It’s a strained hamstring. Ariza is one of the most durable players in the NBA so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Lol a vet and a good guy is husband best asset, ok, you either don’t watch games, are a troll, or just comepleyly r****ded. Ariza is one of the better 2 way players in the league, easily a top 5-10. He’s also a great vet that plays his role to perfection so I’m not sure again what you’re talking about.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Yeah it could go either way. I like holding tucker more for our sake, but thought if they want someone that can fill in the wing role for LBJ Tucker would make sense. But if they want more cap relief Tyson makes more sense for them as an expiring.

I don’t know if we’ll be able to hold onto Wright next year unless he signs with us for the min. Tyson could fill that role but you’re right in that we can probably pick another big up in the buyout market.

Either way, cap relief and 1st’s. I think it’s doable but it’ll cost us Ego and Ryno to get it done....possibly even another rotation player to grease the wheels. Still worth it though imo.

luckyman76 likes this.
  5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

As somebody who hates trading away picks years in advance, I have to say: I've been impressed with the quality of free agents and buyout guys you can get when you're a powerhouse.

6. ballscientist1

Rockets trade Jefferson + Stephenson + Williams (NGT $20.5m) + PJ Tucker + Rockets 2019 & 2021 1st fo Cavs for LeBron.

need modification:

Cavs want young players and valuable picks (like Nets Pick)

How about Josh Jackson to Cavs?

7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

What the Cavs want vs the best they can get vs what’s just slightly better than letting him walk are all different things.

There’s no team out there with a nets type pick that LBJ would want to be traded to.

8. ballscientist1

LeBron has more value than Melo.

centerpiece: Josh Jackson like and Pacers first round pick to Cavs

Jefferson + Stephenson + Williams (NGT $20.5m) to other teams, Cavs are not interested in them.

9. ballscientist1

While LeBron James has valued maximizing his earnings as a principle, he has also wanted the ability to maintain his self-determination.

Again,

Without $25 million cap space after signing Paul, Rockets have zero chance to get LeBron because there is no threat to Cavs.

Please dump Ryan's contract first, then asks Paul to get one year deal (starting at 10 million, make up his loss from 2019 to 2024, 5-year Supermax)

10. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

i think there is less money available this summer. a guy like lou will was signed to a similar number he's use to and i think the same will happen to ariza. i see $7m in his future.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

See, this is what you get now that you have CP3. He and Harden will be recruiting FAs to stock the cupboard over the next few years when the payroll is tight. This will be key to maximizing the roster.

don grahamleone and Reeko like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Bill Simmons makes his case with LeBron to the Lakers via LeBron creating his narrative.

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

The low quality of that LeBron drawing is exceeded only by the atrociousness of the MJ drawing.

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

it's amazing both Harden and cP3 are having their best season

don grahamleone and Vivi like this.
  15. Coach E

Coach E Member

We’re not paying him unless LeBron is for sure not coming.

16. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

How do you know it's MJ? Could be any dude wearing MJ Jersey...

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lebron to Houston, I could easily see us winning 4 straight titles.

Thats how you surpass Mike....

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I have been thinking the same thing. If you are not in the top 10 picks it is starting to look like first rounders are often times over rated-- at least for contenders. Morey is doing well with contrarian thinking, though Alexander forced him into it.

19. ballscientist1

This is the reason Dan Gilbert will never give LeBron a no-trade clause supermax:

After Rockets sign 3 great free agent starters and 4 valuable free agent benches the market salary, Rockets have at least 300 million salary/tax, and are unable to give LeBron supermax.

20. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Simmons article makes sense to me.