1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Chargers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 17, 2019.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

OMG!!! Watson went no look to Akins on that final TD.

Legend.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

O-Line looked better than I remember in years pass blocking. Watson had numerous times where he could really set his feet and survey the field. Glad to see the TEs and passes to Duke out of the backfield.

Watt, Reader and Mercilus has great games. Roby and Lonnie looked good JJo looks washed out there. We really need a Jalen Ramsey shutdown corner to complete the defense.

Hopefully we settle with this O-line and give them time to gel.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Don't be that dude. Three weeks, three starting RTs, no injuries. That's what I'm "complaining" about. Going through training camp and preseason one way and then switching it up right before a road game in week 3.

Deshaun has been awesome. Hopkins has been awesome. Stills has been awesome. Hyde has been awesome. Today, the tight ends were awesome. The LBs have been awesome.

Good teams are the ones that can still find their mistakes even after a win and fix them.

UTSA2step and red5rocket like this.
  4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Don’t be that dude? You are complaining about the best Texans offensive line performance in 2 years because the Texans felt their first rounder was ready.

Sorry but you just sound stupid.

TheFreak and csj like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

So you're saying Scharping gets the start at RT next game?

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Nah you sound stupid. Did you read what I was responding to. Go back and read what I was responding to and get some kleenex to wipe your face off.

7. conquistador#11

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

oh why not?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Man watching the Browns tonight, I think they have the worst offense line in football, We close tho lol

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Aaron Donald will do that to you

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Did Coutee play today?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good win.

DD

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Stills took that spot

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Or maybe you switch it up to try the find the right combo on the Oline. Starters play so little in the preseason, it hard to get a feel for certain things until live fire. You are whining about BoB trying to fix the line that has a LT that came 1 week before the opener, A rookie that missed the last 3 weeks of camp with an injury, A RG that also missed weeks of camp with injury, A Center that did start practicing until the 3rd week of Camp. DUDE, they haven’t played together! You shouldnt be surprised they are mixing and matching to find the right combo.

TheFreak likes this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Because they were looking for the right combo for a line that has played together because of injuries. Scharping is a guard. Howard was always going to be a Tackle. There was Never going to be set with the new face and injuries at the end of camp, start of the season. You are looking for ANYTHING to b**** about Bill O’Brien. We get it, you want him fired. Why don’t u leave until that happens. Then you can say “I tild you so...”

TheFreak and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. Nimo

Nimo Member

This is not normal. Camp and preseason is when you try different things. Howard played exclusively on the left side in practice and in camp. Scharping played only on the right side. They could have mixed it up then. Roderick Johnson practiced exclusively on the left, then he gets thrown to start on the right. Still did well enough but got benched for the rookie who also had only played on the left side in practice and preseason. Every offensive lineman and former lineman say continuity is very important for the line. Find your five and let them grow.

And you're shooting the messenger, PFF said the rookies didn't play well. Not me.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Mr Phony, quote where I said I want Bill O'Brien fired. I'll wait...

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Now what was that again dick cheese?

#558 Rudyc281, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Don’t forget Arizona. That line is awful.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Dude...I just ignored the part about new people and injuries, didn’t u? Johnson practice on left and right, as did Scharping and Howard. They just didn’t play in games. All the b****ing about flexible Olinemen? There is a reason they want people comfortable at multiple positions.