1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Car Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, May 3, 2016.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Well.. This can happen on any sports car, the guy took the turn with crazy acceleration turned his wheel while no traction (probably in panic/inexperience) and unfortunately regardless of car it's common at C&C... I do know some of these mustangs (from what I've seen can lose grip/traction if you pop the clutch or don't know what you're doing when the you/car has no control), but again this can happen on anything, especially on a turn. He's just the latest C&C idiot.

These guys need to be careful on the road, especially in this instance (crowd watching), guy doesn't know Wtf he's doing and could have killed someone. Take that **** to the track or empty lot.

I don't have it but there's some joke video somewhere on how to leave C&C with your mustang and not look like an asshat on the Internet. It's great because in it, some guy with actual experience doesn't recommend doing it... so why does some random think they can peel out on a turn??

2. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[[​IMG]

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

5.2 voodoo up for sale in houston you say?

if anyone knows the guy email me

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Once you lose your tail, many people try to steer out of it and don't pull off the accelerator. I've owned 3 souped up mustangs. My favorite was my 2006 KB supercharged GT. 500 hp at the wheels. Lots of power to control, and that fat ass tended to want to keep moving sideways once it got started.. Easiest to control was my 92 GT dumped the 302 and dropped in a 362. Heavily modified torque beast, but the rear would snap right back into place once you let off the gas.

Bottom line, don't try to show off.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, did the guy in the Mustang bust his rear axle? It looks like the rim got scraped up and he got a flat tire. Someone said it was a $500 tire. Then, the officer wrote him a ticket with who knows what infractions on it? Was there more than reckless driving? Illegal U-turn? LOL

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'll be buying a used compact SUV around this time next year, so I'm starting to do my research on the 2015 models.

I've got my choices down to the Ford Escape (Titanium), Nissan Rogue (SL), and Jeep Cherokee (Limited).

I'm finding myself torn between the creature comforts and safety of the Rogue, and the performance and features of the Escape. The Jeep is kind of a mix between the two.

Anybody have any owner advice or opinions to share?

8. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Out of those choices, I would go with the Rogue. I currently have a CRV as my daily driver. It is an outstanding vehicle and my number 1 choice for compact SUVs. The Escape has some cool features too, so I wouldn't rule it out if you really like the styling more than the others. I drove Jeeps for about 12 years. They seemed like they were better quality when the were Daimler Chrysler (Mercedes) owned than they are now that they are Fiat owned.

9. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

May want to look into some of the Subarus. Either the Crosstrek or the Forrester. The Crosstrek is smaller and probably won't have as many options. I was surprised by the amount of space in both though. We have an outback and have loved it.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Best reviewed crossover small SUVs are gonna be the Subaru Forester or Honda CRV if that matters. If not, I'd avoid the Jeep as I've heard lots of maintenance issues with them. They're fun when they work.

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I guess I should have prefaced this all by saying that based on my budget/feature reqs I am not looking into any cars outside of the 3 on my list. So suggestions to check out other stuff are not helpful.

I've heard the same about Jeep maintenance woes, FWIW.

12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

So I just test drove a Rogue and Escape back to back. The winner was the Escape. The interior quality, safety features, and roominess of the Rogue were great, but the Escape is just a lot of fun to drive and handles great. Plus it sports a few class exclusive features of its own. Can't wait to get one.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

While I'm building my firm, I've actually truly enjoyed my BMW. It's old, but it has truly been a workhorse. Plus, she still has the power to fishtail a corner whenever I feel so inclined. And it was also showcased in a few movies; most notably...

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

About to start a new project car with a S2000. The difficult question is whether I should keep it NA or force induction it.

On the used market for a either a AP2 S2000 CR or a really clean AP1.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

That 9000 rpm is intoxicating and I would personally keep it NA, it's a lightweight car anyway but has poor aero...

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

Aero is definitely a concern but rather a simple fix with a rear wing. I know stock the car produces front downforce but rear lift at high speeds. It's a car that should have come with a wing out of the factory. I don't know how much rear downforce the stock CR wing provides.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I have a 2015 Touring Pilot 4WD. Love everything about it.

18. Bandwagoner

Destroys the looks. Swap it on and off along with track wheels and tires.

19. fchowd0311

Maybe but the car is known for being rather unstable at fast highway speeds over 100mph.

20. Bandwagoner

But those wings look horrible. And the ones mounted to the subframe are even worse.

[​IMG]