1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And White is an all star tonight ! Lol

Rock Block likes this.
  2. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

I’m telling you the A’s are gonna be in first by next week. I just don’t get the A’s organization. Every year they are there to be a pain in the arse and I swear they dont even try. Ugly arse stadium and like a star and a half and there they are again ! That’s another team I can’t stand

3. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

Welp hello 4 1/2 game lead ! I’m headed to bed this team is depressing me. Maybe tomorrow !!!!

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

More concerned about 100 wins than the division.

Less than 5 teams in History have 3 consecutive 100-seasons, IIRC.

Losing the division only reinforces the Harvey theory.

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Out of all the guys in the bullpen, why would you start Rondon?

desihooper and seemoreroyals like this.
  6. SemisolidSnake

People might want to see **** batting. That's what old footage of Ausmus as an Astro is for. Just because he was on teams that had a lot of players that we as Astros fans venerate doesn't mean he deserves to be elevated along with them. And I felt that back when I was watching him on those Astros teams.

Ugh, I fell asleep on the couch during that abysmal first inning and was going to try to get back to sleep easily, but after checking in here and looking at the footage of tonight's events, I should probably go get myself a nightcap.

Ausmus started all this crap with his trigger-finger accusations about Jake after that game. That threw everything into the court of public opinion. Hinch would've never done that were the roles reversed, and the situation would've faded out.

At the very least, can we agree the Angels have used up their Tyler Skaggs sympathy credit they've been milking for all its worth? They have with me. It's a tragedy AND the team is full of dicks.

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yeah I may have overreacted a bit but I thought it was pretty classless. Surely he wouldn’t have called for a headshot but I’m not counting it out.

whiskeyred, bloodwings19 and Tfor3 like this.
  8. Houstunna

Supporting Member

3-18 wRISP

Two total runs tonight so one of those hits didn’t score.

The hitting and pitching failed tonight.

everyday eddie, arabrocket and Tfor3 like this.
  9. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Here come the A's.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I agree with Dan Rather that since he was a public person the cause of death should be immediately made public.
    Tarrant Co. Medical Examiner says it will withhold autopsy information regarding Tyler Skaggs, per the family's request, pending completion of a final examination. It estimates a completion date of Oct. 2.
    Wonder what they are trying to temporarily or even permanently hide?

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Rumor is opioid od and the toxicology report can take up to 90 days.

Tfor3 likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Good to see Armenteros do well. Astros could use someone(s) internally to step up. Management didn’t project well sending Sneed down when our top three starters were scheduled next. Armenteros pitched on three days rest today so Sneed should’ve been available yesterday.

13. AstrosRockets1818

Was it me or did the Hinch presser sound like possible retaliation tomorrow?

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Sounds like it unless the league sends the angels a suspension message tomorrow

He was pissed.

whiskeyred and Houstunna like this.
  15. AstrosRockets1818

Don’t tell Nick that. He knows everything.
    ****ing clueless

astros123 likes this.
  16. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

I honestly hope we don’t retaliate tomo. I hope both teams ready to move on from this. We can’t afford to lose Cole or Miley early for the rest of this series. Saying that, assmus is a f***ing d***head. Can’t wait for his ass to come to MMP.

17. conquistador#11

Tired of all these 4 game series. I want a one game series!
    eh, the A's are always there. good for them. they even took the lead briefly last year. Just got to get these newly acquired pitchers via trade.

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  18. astros123

astros123 Member

Just out of curiosity, but who on the astros could throw some hands? Reddick, devo, Chirinos? Its just so funny seeing seeing kemp acting all tough lol. Do we really want to see upton and pujols in a fight.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I would say a lot of LA fans are classless but I’m sure Houston fans would be the same way if situations were reversed. That is just the mob mentality at play. Fans are gonna be fans.

Not sure I’m buying Ausmus and Ramirez saying the hit was unintentional when it just so happened to be Jake at the plate. It’s too much of a coincidence in my book and Astros coach/players definitely aren’t buying it. They wouldn’t admit targeting him and would deny regardless else suspension.

One thing for sure...this isn’t over and I expect there will be a brawl in the near future...probably in Houston. It’s taken a life of its own. Astros can’t afford to retaliate now the way things are going. Got to be smart here.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Good. I'm all for it. An eye for an eye.

It was a clearly unintentional act on Jake's part and you throw high at him like that.

If I were manager, I'd wait for Lucroy to get back and throw at him. But I'm ruthless, I guess.