1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Moron] Stupid Trump Tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jan 2, 2018.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

2. Buck Turgidson

When you have no actual principles, morals or ethics, it's really easy to contradict yourself. This is just example #3204

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The twitidiot is back, doubling down on miss-truths and inanity:

4. NewRoxFan

If the trump never said "give teachers guns", who is this talking? The look of horror and revulsion on the young women's face says it all... "please world, protect me, from this mad man"

5. NewRoxFan

trump's twitidiocy continues...

[​IMG]

hlcc, FLASH21, Rashmon and 5 others like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

... and for $30M you can have the potus tweet nice things about you too!

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Obviously, Ronald Reagan was a crisis actor.

edwardc and B-Bob like this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I hate this political sh**. But aren't some of the ex-military vets some of the most unstable people in the world? Especially Marines?

I have a cousin that's ex Marines and he can snap at any instance, he has that bad. My neighbor is ex Army and was part of the tank battalion. His head was banged around so much that he wakes up in night terrors every night, he tells me.

Neither are teachers but just because they have military experience and are trained professionals at killing that doesn't guarantee the safety of our children. We never know when someone could snap for some reason and start shooting in the school themselves. You never know. Teachers are people like you and I... just like the cops, which is another argument.

#208 FLASH21, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Even without strawmanning his argument, his argument is still laughably, embarrassingly stupid. The idea of hardening schools with sufficient armed security is merely unworkable. Arming teachers is on a whole other level.

Probably they have more problems than the general population, given the special hazards of that career. But it feels like you're suggesting discrimination against veterans on the assumption that any given vet is going to have some crippling PTSD or something. Most are healthy and well functioning. There is no reason to make a blanket judgement like that on a class of people. Ex-military that want to be teachers, or even carry concealed firearms as part of their job description as a teacher :)rolleyes:), can be evaluated on their individual merit and fitness.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Truer words, truer words, LOL.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

Someone please take this clowns phone away from him.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Definitely not. My point was that the point that Trump is trying to make is extremely flawed.

Obviously the examples vary from person to person but you handing over guns to teachers doesn't extinguish the threat completely the way Trump is suggesting.

In fact it raises it. What if a teacher snaps (to my point but also just a non-military individual)? What if one of their guns falls into the wrong hands... a students?

Having MORE guns in schools to deter kids from shooting up schools is a terrible idea and far from the solution. These people are supposed to be providing our children educations. The idea that they should now become their personal bodyguards is inept and ridiculous.

increase the amount of security or patrol at all schools. It will cost a ton of money but puts actually TRAINED "professionals" behind those firearms rather than Mr. or Mrs. Smith teaching 10th grade calculus.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sometimes, despite all of this and all of the horrible tragic awfulness of the last 2 years, and the next 2, you have to still just sit back and say

My god, what a ****ing idiot.

leroy, B-Bob and NewRoxFan like this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sure, I hear you. People, even ex-Marines, don't become teachers so they can get into shoot-outs with their own students when they struggle with mental illness.

I hate to engage it like it was a serious idea. But, what I'd expect to happen with these soldier-teachers if it came to pass, is that we'll end up with homicides by teachers "in self-defense" under pretty dubious circumstances, just like we have with cops today. It'll turn out a suspected gun wasn't a real gun, but the student was killed, and we have to ask a jury to decide whether a rational person would have had a reasonable fear for his own life and the lives of his students if they were in his shoes. We don't want that.

FLASH21 likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

trump switched from Fox & Friends to Tucker Carlson for tweet content...

CNN had already responded to the accusation...

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We have a perversely insane creature occupying the White House, when he finds the time. I hope the nation survives his madness.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

18. NewRoxFan

trump goes back to the safe place of MS13 and the trump wall (patent pending). With of course, a lie...

19. NewRoxFan

... and of course, totally scripted by and coordinated with Fox & Friends:

20. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...I actually hope the nation survives the madness the put him there...
    ...I know Donald Trump would never admit it, but he had an awful lot of help...

..and I'm not talking about Comrade Putin....