1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Completely different. Harden is a PG. Yes, we now have two PGs playing side by side.

MDA relies on ball dominant PGs to facilitate. As long as the guy is a great distributor, the system works. It's the other guys on the floor who aren't facilitators can't be ball stoppers or the whole thing will get bogged down.

This was why MDA quickly named Harden the PG soon after he took over as the HC. He doesn't want Harden to be a ball stopper, dribbling out the shot clock and jack up a shot. He wants him to attack and distribute. That's how he was successful with Nash. And heck, that's how he was successful even with Lin. With Melo, if he goes his usual way of holding the ball and then shoot, that won't work for MDA.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So he is leaving OKC soon?

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Can't wait to witness the house of cards that is OKC spectacularly collapse. It's gonna be great!

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

After a few weeks, we'll realize he never came.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It wasn't just abput trading capella and ryno for Melo. It was more about trading Ryno for Melo straight up and trading Capella and something for someone else I am assuming. It would have been a no brainer to do that unless Morey has a bigger plan!

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Melo has been a bunch of ISO and aimless dribbling so far...showing why he definitely wasn’t worth Ariza and Ego

Mazulis and Tfor3 like this.
  7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Kenny smith gushing over okc being up in the knicks lol....rockets beat the warriors on their own floor and its nothing but negativity. Cant wait for the rockets to play okc and run thier asses out the gym with thier fast pace run n gun offense while russell and melo do iso all day long

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

OKC looks really good, especially on defense they can switch everything.

amaru likes this.
  9. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Melo looks old and the low % chuker that he is. Whilst Eric this season looks refreshed and like a young allstar.

Mazulis and Tfor3 like this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'm watching the OKC-NYC game and I still can't comprehend how dumb the Knicks FO are. They are going to be trash for the next decade.

Enes "can't play" Kanter is useless defensively and offensively so they can't even put him on the court.

Tim Hardaway Jr. whose contract makes Ryan Anderson's look like a steal is putting up 5/0/0 through 3 quarters.

It's no wonder they didn't trade Melo for Anderson+2nd, which would've been infinitely better than Kanter+2nd because their FO is too incompetent to do so.

This is what happens when your FO is too **** that they can't even make a trade based on their own judgement, instead they listen to the national media and their dumb fan base.

11. Soneca

Soneca Member

There was a team doing that tuesday against the champs, unfortunately I don't recall who they were, could you enlighten me? :rolleyes:

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

doesnt matter whos better than anderson, his contract is bad and they didn't want it. melo opened the gates for okc to step in

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I have no inside information, but the odds are that there's a ton we haven't heard about what went on behind the scenes during the Melo-Knicks standoff. Demands made to Morey by the Knicks, and rejected. Trade terms that were run by Harden and possibly Paul, and rejected. Doubts within the Rockets organization, and possibly among the star players, about Melo's fit. I don't know. But I'm betting we'll eventually hear about it.

Deuce, BigM and No Chill Rocket like this.
  14. Drogba

Drogba Member

These grass is greener on the other side fans are the worst.

15. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

All I know is, the the melo for EG+CC rumor was true, I'd rather have EG than Melo.

Mazulis, s3ts, RudyTBag and 3 others like this.
  16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Why are you even thinking about the talent disparity between Kanter and Ryno? Completely backwards logic.

The Knicks had Melo on a 2 year, undesireable contract. They were willing to essentially part with him for free. Taking back a 3 year contract (Ryno) isn't free, it's setting yourself back. Taking back a 2 year contract (Kanter) is free. They do not care about the talent they got back. They just wanted a fresh start.

Angkor Wat likes this.
  17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Right now OKC is clearly better than Houston. I've seen enough.

cheke64 likes this.
  18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

LMAO!!!!

BigggReddd likes this.
  19. Progs

Progs Member

@Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

My body is ready for a game against the OKC.

s3ts likes this.