1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Stats Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Nov 11, 2017.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not loading for me.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Look where Tucker is sitting. I guess I was way too hard on PJ.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That graph doesn't really say anything to me about Tucker's contributions, other than he played a lot of minutes and was a net positive?

The problem with TPA, as I understand it, is it treats a league average player as the baseline -- worth 0 net points. But this means that an average player who plays 35 minutes for his team is contributing just the same as an "average" player who plays only 5 minutes for his team per game. That doesn't make sense. VORP -- value over replacement player -- seems to be a more sensible model to me.

BigggReddd and BigMaloe like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

You going to minimize all the other stats in this thread that favor Harden too?

mikol13 likes this.
  6. durvasa

Considering I’ve contributed a number of them, that’s a really dumb question for you to ask.

I said I preferred VORP over TPA. Do you know who leads the league in VORP, by a mile? My comment had nothing to do with Harden.

nomiz1987 and BigMaloe like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Leading VORP as well as more than a half dozen other metrics but you prefer to point out FG% and/or DPOY candidate to plead Giannis' case over Harden.

In any event, I could care less about MVP now that playoffs have started.

Just busting your chops because long time and valued CF poster and Rockets uber fan is constantly promoting/defending a Milwaukee Buck while a Houston Rocket is having a season for the agesT.

Records did not just fall, they were obliterated.

And are you really saying - playing a lot of minutes and being a net positive tells you nothing about Tucker?

vlaurelio likes this.
  8. durvasa

I pointed out FG% and DPOY candidate, in combination with a bunch of other stuff, to make the case that Giannis is having an incredible season which people on here want to dismiss because pointing that out is somehow perceived as a slight against Harden. Your response has only solidified the point I was making, so thanks.

Harden doesn't need my promotion or defending on here. We're all on the same side. We all want Harden to be successful and to be respected. I just have a difficult time accepting promotion of our guy by making what I consider to be really unfair/misleading commentary about another player. I don't think that's an honest way of making an MVP case. It's certainly not how you would convince people who aren't already Rockets fans (which, honestly, I've tried to do elsewhere -- on social media and realgm).

Every Rockets fan should already know that Tucker is an above average player and that he plays a lot of minutes. That's all the graph says about him, nothing else. What's there to be surprised about?

9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

10. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

11. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

12. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

The voters really need to read now these absurd facts first before voting, or perhaps they are like birdboxing.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The voters don't care for facts. That's what is the most infuriating thing about this MVP race. The voters with the biggest voice have always created the narrative of how an MVP is chosen. It's funny, when Steph, Westbrook, Nash, etc won MVP, no one cared about their shitty defense but suddenly this year they care about defense a ton. Well, Harden has become a really good defender, but the media prefer to keep on ragging on James for a video that surfaced so many years ago. It's incredible how damaging that ****ing video has been for his career.

They also do their best to pretend that James has had help, even though we know he didn't for a huge stretch of the season. They also focused in on the first 25 games of the season, even though James was playing All NBA 1st Team level basketball during that stretch. It's not James's fault that his teammates were in a huge shooting slump and that Morey reconstructed the team poorly over the summer. The media also cares a lot about winning this season, more so than historical numbers, but when Russell Westbrook won his MVP all they could talk about was how historic it was what he did. That year, James was 2 rpg short of a ****ing triple double himself, yet they completely changed the narrative about winning on him just because Russ averaged 2 more rebounds than James lol.

I have nothing against Giannis and I certainly agree that he is worthy of being the other top MVP candidate, but I do feel that the media has something out for James Harden. I am not saying they don't give him credit, because he has been runner up several times, but the hate that he gets just because he scores differently than other media darlings, is totally unreasonable.

Like others have mentioned, if this was LeBron or Steph doing this, they would absolutely be number one on everyone's list. One of the other justifications they have brought up has to do with Jordans season. They say, well Jordan out up historic numbers that season, but he didn't win MVP, nor did Kobe the year he averaged 35 ppg. It's annoying because James led the Rockets to a top record this year.

The media ignores what they want to ignore and they have done an incredible job of downplaying the season James has had. They sure love saying that it's because of Dantonis system that James is doing so well, when we know thats a load of **** since we are down at the bottom regarding pace.

They sure don't care that Mike Bs system has allowed Milwaukee to become a top team. That team was always a good coach away from being good. This doesn't take away from the play of Giannis, but its irritating that the voters don't care to mention that Mike is a huge reason why the Bucks have the top record in the league this season. I guarantee you that the Bucks would not have had the reason they had if they would of hired somebody else.

James is going to lose the MVP and it is because Houston has a target on their backs. It use to be, we aren't seen as a big market team by the media even though we are a big market, but when you have people from small market teams having preferable treatment from the media, we now can confirm that it is just a thing that the media has against Rockets organization.

pippendagimp, D-rock, topfive and 3 others like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

wow...Harden losing to Brick Freak is a tragedy

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol last 2 years you were westbrick statpadding rebound stealers biggest chearleader vs harden

No you are hellbent on the greekbrick over harden

https://nbasavant.com/player.php?player_id=203507

You love layups that much? Harden can do that too but that aint getting wins for the rockets

D-rock likes this.
  16. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Ok so Harden has 13% of his Fgs assisted this year. I would like to know his efficiency on those baskets assisted. Is there any way of finding out? Thank you

#516 JHarden713, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

18. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

But they must be great 2 way players, amirite???

Curry, Westbrook, Lebron, Nash were all DPOY worthy like Giannis.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member