1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much did your sunglasses cost?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Feb 28, 2006.

Tags:
?

How much did you spend on your sunglasses?

1. Under $5

19 vote(s)
    11.2%
  2. $5 - $25

64 vote(s)
    37.6%
  3. $26 - $50

10 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Over $50

77 vote(s)
    45.3%
  1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I like the cheap promotional ones they give out at bars. I have a nice collection of them in various colors.

2. Buck Turgidson

1 pair of Costa del Mar

5 pairs of gas station

All polarized, can't really tell the difference.

3. BleedsRocketRed

Over 50 but thats because mine are RX sunglasses

4. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I found some damned decent one at the Goodwill. Less than 5 but usually I'll do Walmart, or Target. The thing is, a lot of folks don't realize that the cheaper they are, the more light that's allowed to shine through.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What so special about Maui? I was at the mall looking for sunglasses and it was between Maui $229 or Ray Ban $200. I couldnt decide so I walked out. Maui has 2 years warranty but their website is down

6. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Most sunglasses are monopolized by a giant company and they control pricing and supply etc. Raybans, Oakleys, etc. Most are over-priced plastics with branding. Honestly I cant remember, but Maui JIms are either worth their price or at least not completely useless as most brands. I'm sure you can google a bit more for a much better explanation I'm giving. I looked up online before I ever bought my first pair of proper sunglasses.

I've been wearing the Maui Jim Sugar Beach for as long as I'd like to admit. Been through a couple of them.

ramotadab and cheke64 like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i have some rx shades that i hardly wear because it takes me at least 2-3 days to adapt to different glasses. if i take off my normal glasses and use the shades everything is like fish eye with no depth perception. i think it's lying somewhere in my office cabinet. unfortunate cus i look dope as hell in them.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Go run around with some scissors.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I have a pair of aviator style Maui's with the blue lenses. I bought them off of impulse and don't really wear them often. The Maui's are actually the most expensive pair that I own, but I have a couple of other pairs that I like more for driving and everyday use.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I rotate 3 good ones ($50, $100, $150), I wear them almost every day

11. body slam

body slam Member

I had a nice $180 Ray Bans that lasted almost 20 years. They were no match for a 5 and 3 y/o niece and nephew.

I now have a pair of nice enough $20 academy sun glasses and several pair of dollar store sun glasses for when the kids are around.

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I have a pair of Oakely Holbrook Prizms I like a lot.

I also have a cheaper pair of Nike I got at Academy for about $50 bucks. They are not as good as the oakleys (everything is more yellow) but they do their job when I am out fishing or at the beach. Basically places I don't want to wear my more expensive ones.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have a pair of Persols that I absolutely love. They cost me quite a bit ($300 on sale), but given how much driving and time I spend on job sites in the middle of the day, it was an investment that I'm glad I made. You don't really realize how much the sun affects your eyes until you put on a really good pair of sunglasses.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's your eyes that got raped

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.