1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What about Tyrion sitting on the throne then? Hes never been respected, came through in the clutch at black water bay, extremely intelligent and honest. Ive always had him as a sleeper pick to sit atop.

2. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Until this season. This season he's about as useful as Ty Lawson.

jbasket, iconoclastic and justtxyank like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He did see Jon kill a White Walker at Hardhomme. I always assumed that surprised him. I wonder if the NK knows wights die when their animator dies. I wonder if he knows/remembers Dragonglass too. Jorah had some. He does need to be careful in another Hardhomme type overconfidence attack.

But yeah, he seemed confident he'd kill them until the Dragons arrived. Then it seemed like he did a pivot, "cool, a dragon. I want one of those."

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

True, but Ive had this theory long before his strategies in the great war.

5. fba34

:D Thats it? I feel like I just killed a dragon myself. And even easier than throwing a javelin. Damn us petty book huggers with all the book hugging. Here's a secret, just because some people read books, doesn't mean theyre Book Huggers. They're just people who read some books, no big difference from the other people. If you're so invested in the TV show, believe me, reading the books will not make you enjoy the TV show any less. Surprisingly it makes you appreciate the GOT universe a lot more. And where have I used the book to complain about Ed Sheeran and your Arya?
    But whatever, dont read the books. Some people just need to make up names and post pictures to help them put forth their terrible points.

6. fba34

I think GRRM probably had more in store for Tyrion, but obviously they're cutting his parts out on TV and are struggling to make Tyrion matter this season.

tinman likes this.
  7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If memory serves at Hardhome Jon looks up to the top of the cliff to see the Night King and his 'generals'.

I don't recall these specific important White Walkers being a part of the attack.

Which would make sense that the one in his lonesome which was killed by Sam wasn't one of the important ones - as they always seem to be by the Night King's side like his own security detachment.

That's the way I see it at least.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The ravens are the fastests birds in the entire kingdom

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I do think he has some little rivalry with Jon, at the end of Hardhome he looked at him directly so he sees him as a threat...how much who knows. Everything about his character speaks to him thinking his conquest is inevitable.

Any yeah when the dragon comes that then becomes his main target. Perhaps he's way too confident in the first place and figured they'd all be dead, probably why he took the one in the air too since it was a more present threat and he expected to get both of them down.

He's the patient kind of villain, clearly, he likes to see his prey wounded and stumbling away as he walks towards...I mean when the last time we saw this guy run?

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ive always wondered what took the wight army months to get from Hardhome to the great wall. Carrying those 4 big ass chains clearly slowed them down.

And idea that might explain some of the insanity from the previous episode.
    And interesting idea is the White Walkers have the ability to see the future like Bran. They needed Jon and company stranded on the island long enough for Danaerys to bring her dragons. They needed a dragon to penetrate the wall, which otherwise has magic that prevents the white walkers from crossing the wall.

donkeypunch likes this.
  11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think this is the show's GRRM version of Ragnarok. I can't find the interview on Youtube anymore but GRRM was talking about what inspired the red god and the god of death in his story. He said it was inspired from Zoroastrianism. He didn't want to borrow much from Christian religion other than the Sparrows and the Faith of the Seven being compared to the medieval Catholic church. His reason for that was because in Christianity, God always wins. The devil does his tricks but he's never really God's equal in Christianity. He can get away with mischief but at the end of the day the devil loses. In his book he wanted a story of two eternal gods pitted against each other on equal footing. On one hand, you got the many faced God, the god of death, and then you got R'hllor, the god of Fire and Life. With the Night King, you got an army of undead pitted against people that are still alive. Some who have died are brought back by R'hllor to serve whatever their purpose is in the greater scheme of it all. No matter the resurrections or deaths from either deity, the battle remains eternal. It may subside every 10 thousand or so years but the White Walkers will come back and life will repopulate itself to fight again in the future doomed to repeat the same patterns of the past. Similar to Ragnarok.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarök

I mention this, because I do agree with the idea that the Night King can warg and has similar abilities to Bran. We already know he marked Bran when Bran was warged walking around the army of the undead and that the mark the Night King gave him broke the spell barrier protecting the original 3 eyed raven. I think because the Night King can also warg and has clairvoyance to see past and future events, he knew he needed a dragon to break the wall. Jon Snow's crew were ultimately just the bait for the real catch in the dragon, which the Night King knew would come because #reasons.

http://gameofthronesandnorsemythology.blogspot.com/2013/05/ragnarok-song-of-ice-fire.html

Rashmon likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Emilia Clarke is actually a goofball full of laughter in real life like Dwight Howard. the Black Howard so to speak.

Her Dragon princess is in contrast to that. For those flaming her, it is quite an acting achievement IMO.

13. theimpossibles1

My friend asked me the other day who my favorite character is. I had never really thought about it but almost immediately I responded Baelish. His scheming, his body language, and of course that voice are just hilarious to me. Always an engaging character without ever stealing the show.

Team Littlefinger.

14. theimpossibles1

How did he start the war? Wouldn't it be Jamie who pushed Bran out the window? Or Geoffrey for executing Ned. What am I forgetting?

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be on Team Littlefinger, If I wasn't convinced that they are somehow going to kill him off, which is a shame.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Baelish killed Jon Arryn and had his wife send word to cat that it was murder to get Ned stark alerted. He then helped Ned discover that the kids weren't Roberts.

Baelish hired the assasin to try to kill bran and framed tyrion. That led to cat arresting him, which led to the mountain attacking some lands which led to Ned sending dondarion, etc.

Baelish is who convinced Ned that the city watch was behind him instead of calling his banners or going back to winterfell and baelish is who then betrayed him in the throne room.

Baelish has been behind everything.

heypartner and Downtown Sniper like this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He wasn't a lord of the fingers. His family wasn't important at all. He was basically trailer trash that got close to the daughters ic the lord Tully and used that go gain access and move up from there. He's been pretty remarkable up until he decided to take on arya and Sansa.

If however he were to live, he's technically lord of the river lands right now (unless that meaningless title was stripped) and he's lord protector of the vale.

18. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

One of my favorite parts of the entire series were the back-and-forth exchanges between Varys and Littlefinger. These were the two people who truly knew how to play 'the game'.

RudyTBag likes this.
  19. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Lol. I wasn't even complaining. I was clarifying someone else's statement. It wasn't something I thought about at all until seeing that poster mention it. I literally have zero problems with any of the storyline decisions.

You seem a little too eager to attack people who say anything that can be interpreted as criticism of any sort. This is why I typically just watch shows and don't discuss them with others, people get too heated about meaningless stuff.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd rather watch somebody slit their throats, preferably Arya and her assassin's guild. To be honest with ya.

#1460 daywalker02, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    fba34 likes this.