1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. raining threes

What has Kingsbury done in college or the NFL? How many winning seasons has he had. Leach had a much better record than Kingsbury at Tech. Kingbury is all hype.

Funny that you mention that playoff game. The more talented team won. Makes you wonder how the Texans won the division, could it be that the Texans were the better coached team?

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Fking BoB fans r fking delusional, u guys gotta stop braggin about winning AFC Division titles especially after we get ass blasted in playoffs. Let me repeat this so it gets through AFC SOUTH TITLE MEANS JACK SHT, except it's automatic ticket to the playoff ball. It literal means nothing especially if any team under BoB won it. Like how people say regular and playoff games are different animals, u should view it the same way.

Winning the division means jack sht, especially if teams in our division, has went further than us during our reign as "Division champs".

Gotta stop braggin about BoB's achievement, he's a sht-mediocre coach, seein u describe any BoB's team as a better coached team is disgusting.

BoB Division Champs

AFC South Division champs 2015: got sht on by the Chiefs 30-0
    AFC South Division champs 2016 got sht on by Brady 34-16
    AFC South Division champs 2018: got sht/outcoached by the Colts 21-7 (colts went further)
    AFC south Division champs 2019: got sht on by the Chiefs (titans went further)

Scarface will use many excuses to why we lost in playoffs, but facts stand we literally get ass blasted in playoffs with BoB coaching as a huge contributing factor.

#5682 DatRocketFan, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I am just glad there arent as many BoB dck riders here. There r a lot of them on facebook and reddit.

4. raining threes

I'm not a BOB fan.

I'm a guy who realizes they lost to the better team every year. It happens. I mean the Titans lost to the Chiefs the very next week and I dont see you dogging them.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Titans have shown improvement over BoB 6 year regime, we havent. They managed to beat the ravens while we still get ass blasted every time by a "better team".

6. raining threes

Yet they still lost to the same team in the playoffs and the Texans were better than the Titans last year.

7. Fantasma Negro

Texans got their ****ing ass beat by the ravens in the regular season, the titans beat the ravens in the playoffs, thus Titans 2019/20 > Texans 2019/20

8. Fantasma Negro

This list is bullshit. Nagy, Reich, Vrabel, Arians and Lafluer should be behind Billy. None of those guys has done ****, at least Billy wins his division and gets to the playoffs consistently

Uprising, DatRocketFan and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

You can also put McDermott on the list as well.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

Didn't even realize he was above Billy on that list. They can keep kicking him, he's going to have the last laugh

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk how this is ranked, but 17th is fitting for BoB. Mediocre coach gets an average rank.

Like honestly how is it ranked, greater potential? difficulty of opponents beaten? playoff records?

U can argue that vrabel is better, he went further in playoffs than BoB ever done in a short time and has shown so far to be able to beat a superior team (2019-2020 Ravens was pretty nutty). While BoB defenders use the sht excuse that BoB falters in playoffs mainly cause weaker team can't beat superior team.

Reich = beaten BoB ass in playoff before, but sure he lacks playoff division title. U forget to mentioned he won a superbowl as an OC.

Arians if u look at his entire NFL career span. he has a better win percentage, went further in playoffs. Also superbowl oc

Lafluer led Green Bay to their first postseason berth since the 2016 season. First year took Packers from 3rd-> 1st to take the NFC North. 13-3 overall record in his first year something BoB has never done in his 6 year as HC.

Like i said idk how its rated, but as u can see I can make a reasonable argument y they are higher ranked than BoB.

If u wanna rank it by just entering playoffs, I can see why u would like BoB to b ranked higher. He is skilled at just getting us in.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

Billy is good at getting to the playoffs. You get to the playoffs by winning games = Billy is good at winning games. I agree

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

At some point, just winning games and getting to the playoffs is not enough. Marty Schottenheimer kept winning games and making the playoffs. After going 14-2 and losing another playoff game, he was fired. Even Kevin McHale got the Rockets to the playoffs and had a winning record. Same fate.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

If this is the criteria, then why aren’t you calling BS on Payton, Harbaugh, Tomlin, Carroll, Zimmer, and McDermott? None of those guys have won more division championships and/or gone to the playoffs more consistently than BoB since he's come into the league.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

But like i said if u look at the other coaches that u were pissed about. They are also winning coaches also.....and are better at it than BoB. (in terms of advancing in playoffs).

16. 3Rings

I've never heard of any of the coaches ahead of BoB not having a 4th down play ready. Maybe there is a reason they are ahead of him.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. raining threes

Really?

They split and the Texans won a must win game in Nashville that was for the division title. The last game BOB played most of his backups and lost. I wonder if BOB had it to do over again if he would've sat Gipson?

18. raining threes

Yet the Texans keep beating the Titans when they play.

19. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

Doesn’t matter as long as the Texans are division champs! Lmao

20. 3Rings

Gipson was signed for his ability to defend TEs. Considering he had a back injury, he should not have played in the last game. Then to see Kelce shred that defense because they didn't have a DB on the roster who could defend him, really soured me on the coaching staff.

raining threes likes this.