1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U dont want to hear arm chair QBs but u would hear this random nobody to push your narrative? This is being selective about your info. It's pretty hard to take anyone that is selective about the arguements.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Another week. Another 60 minutes of incriminating evidence on tape.

Rocket River and J.R. like this.
  3. marky :)

marky :) Member

What NFL team did this Brett person play QB for?

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Not to at all excuse BoB or that offensive line, but Buffalo does have one of the top defenses in the NFL.

Lets see if they can eek out another one against Jacksonville next. That game could easily play out in a similar way. Alternatively, it could also be much much worse.

whag00 and Nimo like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It could be much better too with Blake Bortles being their QB...

As crazy as it sounds, the Texans have the better QB which means they SHOULD win the game.

6. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Can we steal the Chiefs playbook. They do so much more to keep the defense on its toes and out of the backfield. Talent wise there is not much difference between the Chief and Texans at the skill positions. I'm sure their O-line is better, but they also scheme to keep the QB protected. Lets start by putting Watson in the shotgun more, doing some designed roll outs and throwing more screen passes. Stop calling the game like Watson is Tom Brady.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

It feels like the Texan's offense from a year ago LOL

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Watson still can do no wrong around these parts.

It's shameful at this point.

raining threes and mario_v like this.
  9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Right. Except go through the game thread and you'll see plenty of blame passed around. From Watson and the offensive line to the CBs and the head coach. The head coach gets most of the blame because... he is the head coach. And even more because he is also the offensive coordinator.

Here's what good coaching does...

10. ItsMyFault

I'm referring to the people that only blame the head coach while letting Watson's issues slide. At this point it's painfully obvious it isn't just O'Brien. Some around these parts just refuse to accept that for whatever reason.

raining threes likes this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm sure you'll see them in other threads. This is a "fire Bill O'Brien thread" :) There are certain posters who are fawning over Mahommes now and why the Texans would have been better with him instead of Watson. I love Deshaun. He was the QB I wanted the Texans to select from the moment Clemson won the national championship. But he is not perfect and he is essentially a rookie. Bill O'Brien has been a head coach for a four plus years and he makes the decisions that affect the whole team and even more importantly he is the OC. When the offense struggles he deserves a good portion of the blame.

DBrunk01 likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

With the exception that they're winning games.

Nimo likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

LMAO. When stats don't tell the story.

It kills me that this team is tied for the division lead. What a division.

It's like the GMs have a pact to keep their offensive lines terrible and their offenses hugely flawed.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

In the Texans' case. They have big plays that get them into the red zone and then settle for a field goal

napalm06 likes this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Let me put it like this. For someone who hasn't played a full season of professional football, Watson has done great. Rookies are supposed to make mistakes. For someone who has been coaching for years, BoB has been mediocre to terrible. So who should we blame the most?
    I personally think the organization should get most of the blame for not completing the coaching staff. They should have hired an offensive coordinator. BoB has too much on his plate at the moment.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Brock Bowl is one step closer to happening next week.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Broncos and Dolphins have coaching that can hide the weaknesses of a QB like Osweiler and make him look half decent

20. ItsMyFault

I understand, and BoB should get most of the blame for exactly the reasons you've described and then some. The feeling I get here is that some people overlook all the mistakes he makes and just expect him to get better. Being a rookie is a perfectly valid excuse, but just like when people were going over the top with calling him a great QB after the games he played last season, he should be criticized in the same light the other way around. I just like it all to be consistent regardless of the experience.