1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Bill Maher) New Rule: The Slow-Moving Coup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

New Rule: The Slow-Moving Coup | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

Interesting

Rocket River

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

During the third debate with Hillary Clinton, Trump was already acting as if he wouldn't accept the results if he lost: "I'll let you know." None of this is about the good of the country; it's about him. He's the worst thing that happened to democracy in this country. But, hey, at least he dispatched troops to the border to save us from that marauding evil caravan.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The world would be so much better off without him.

DD

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  4. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

He's the problem in the direct sense, but the real problem is the tens of millions of Americans who love him because of his cruelty, racism, misogyny, and dictatorial tendencies. And it's not just in the US.

Amiga, pirc1, justtxyank and 8 others like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's a repeated saying but I'll say it again.
    Trump is merely a symptom of the problem.

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

"The Santa Claus of Chaos." That amused me more than it should have.

Nook likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is the truth.
    I think alot of Americans are AMAZED and the number of racist/hatefilled people are in America
    The fact that they are speaking. . . . . lets you know they been bottling it up for a long time
    They were afraid to speak their corrupt hearts . .. . now that they can . . .. they are

Minorities are not surprised . . . . . for years we been hearing
    "Oh he didn't mean it THAT WAY . . ."
    "It was an ISOLATED incident . .. "
    "It sounded worse than he meant. . . ."

Nah . .. They meant that **** and have for a long time

Rocket River

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I will freely admit it, I thought we had turned a corner in particular when Obama was elected.

Turns out that ignorance and racism are more deeply rooted than I wanted to admit.

DD

Rocket River likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The same Reagan Democrats who voted for Obama voted for Trump.

Please miss us with he won because of deep seeded racism. Its lazy. Democrats should have ran a better candidate to attract those voters. The Reagan Democrats are the same voters up for grabs every freakin election

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think alot of us were very hopeful
    I was not Obama's biggest supporter or fan
    But
    There was civility and a sense of calm
    about the nation and the white house
    Now
    Everything is Chaos and concern

Rocket River

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They voted for something new but the midterms showed they aren't impressed and went back to voting blue.
    I do admit that a Clinton type candidate won't cut it in 2020 but the idea that Trumpian politics is a winner has been thoroughly b**** slapped in all the suburbs that voted for Obama and then Trump.

pgabriel likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump could be more presidential but he wont be. Its not the end of the world even though the 24 hour news cycle acts like. Trump may try to ban Muslims but our checks and balances work

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump claimed that he would ban Muslims. He would have except the checks and balances prevented him from it.

It isn't a case of people acting like something is going to happen. It is a case of the President making claims and trying to do those things.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And he couldn't cause checks and balances worked which was the point.

Dont know what you're disputing

15. Nolen

Please stop explaining to us that republicans elected an immature bigot with no respect for the law to be president of the United States, but hey, it's not a big deal, because checks and balances.

It's a big deal. This is a big f*cking deal.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm arguing that your characteristic that it only comes from the media saying stuff isn't correct. Don't know why you are making that claim.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Who cares. He couldn't get it passed. Thats MY point.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You're right. Trump is about to press the button

19. Nolen

You know what's lazy? Blaming democrats for republican votes. Let's apply the principle of "individual responsibility" here, shall we?

To run a "better candidate" and whittle down the republican votes for Trump down from 63 million to 60 million is to avoid the real issue: Donald J Trump winning anything more than 1 percent of the national vote is an immense shame for this country.

In 2015, a Trump victory as president would be some SNL skit that some hairy hipsters would write in order to ridicule American conservatives, because he is a living avatar of the worst characteristics we lefties accuse them of- overwhelming greed, misogyny, racism, willful ignorance, and on and on. I considered his candidacy the greatest gift the left could hope for; he would leave a stench upon the republican party one could never erase. Surely, when faced with such an embarrassingly stupid, immature, ignorant demagogue the american middle and a significant portion of republican voters would find it untenable - or so I thought.

But here we are.

The worst presumptions the left had of the american right far underestimated the darkness in our neighbors' hearts. And let me tell you- after the election, none of us are celebrating "haha! We told you so!" We are terrified. We're mortified. I would love to return to my naive past when I believed my republican countrymen would be embarrassed to be associated with such a man.

gifford1967, joshuaao and RocketWalta like this.
  20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

America is so racist that is why so many people from around the world want to migrate here. Liberals always operating on emotion never on logic.