1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

another cf.net sub that's been ruined, congrats dickholes!

2. ballgame

ballgame Member

LOOK! We all have our views but at the end of the day, we share the same thing, which is our fanfare for The Texans, Astros and Rockets! The part that's most troubling is, we can't agree that what Bob McNair said was insensitive to the Minority Community and the fact that he has retracted his apology is more troubling. It's only hurting the city.

The thing I like most about H-Town is, it's a Melting Pot; from Carcasians, Black, Hispanic to Asians. In Houston, you got it all. No other city can attest to what we have here. That's why so many come here and stay!

People say things all the time, people lie all the time and if you read the story and from what has been stated by Bob McNair, we can at least agree, it's troubling. We have ex-Texan players who are coming out in defense of Duane Brown on what transpired throughout their time with the organization.
    Fans need to understand the players are NOT robots, they have families, they have feelings, they have lives too. We all want to feel comfortable in our home and work environment. SO, IT'S RIDICULOUS WHEN PEOPLE TELL THE PLAYERS TO SHUT UP AND PLAY! If they wouldn't do it, why should the players.

Because, McNair is a popular figure in the city, this is troubling because it's divisive. Whichever side of the isle you're on, it has certainly put a crack in the melting pot.

macho GRANDE, joshuaao and adw like this.
  3. Champs

Champs Member

Has anyone posted the full article or a subscrption who can? Anyone actually read it? Would like to read it all in context...

4. Nook

Nook Member

Owen can’t kiss that RIng of Texans Honor good bye.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bigot Bob has been busy and McNair has been too.

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Holy hell thats some stroooooooong kool aid!

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jeeesh get over yourself. I think most people are enjoying this thread.

Nook likes this.
  8. ballgame

ballgame Member

That's 3 pkgs in one pitcher, strong type kool aid! Quite as it's kept.....I THINK BOBBYTHEGREAT IS BOB McNAIR ON THE KOOL! The dumb, backwoods, clueless responses give him away every time.

9. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

lol...

The revisionist history in that post is startling. "The Astros had to give away tickets" haha yeah, they lost 100 games a year and traded anyone good but hey, come see a AAA team get shitcanned every night. Your stature as a fan depends on it. "Direction of the Texans" yeah, they got a guy who was awesome for 6 games. Then one by one, every wheel fell off. So, you know, count on health in a combat sport and don't mind the folksy racism, the elitist, out-of-touch commentary from the team owner. If you don't like it, you're a bad fan! Lesser anyway. Oh! The people can't show up on time for Rockets games THEY'RE NOT AS GOOD OF FANS AS I AM GLUGLUGLUGLUGLUG!!!!

macho GRANDE and Nook like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What you are basically saying here is that yes Houston fans are nothing more than fair weather fans and you are essentially suggesting that fans SHOULD be nothing more than fair weather fans.

I mean, that's fine if that's how you see it, but don't get offended when the fanbase gets called out for being nothing more than fair weather fans.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

I don't call Major league fans that refuse to spend money on minor league baseball "fair-weather". I call them smart. These are the same fans that supported the team in 2005. Fair weather entails that a team is good and they don't sell tickets unlike the Rockets because they sell out 95% of their games.

What you're describing is the enthusiasm of fans. I tend to blame that on the obesity laden Houston fan base.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

McNair is too dumb to even assemble a competent front office

Then he makes it harder with his dumbass antics

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't think that fair weather fans would think that fair weather fans being fair weather fans would be wrong. Of course fair weather fans would think that fair weather fans being fair weather fans would be smart....

There's a reason why Les never let the Rockets tank in order to rebuild more quickly, he knew the garbage fans in this city would turn on the team in a heartbeat if they did that....even if it was the smart thing to do and led to a championship. Fans would disappear during the down years and return only after things got good again. Just ask the Astros.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

Meh, I tend to put my money where my mouth is. Have Rockets and Texans season tickets. I can’t blame someone for not supporting garbage. Especially garbage on purpose. The astros willingly sucked, they made efforts to be bad. It costs you generations of fans when you do that.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you have die hard fans it doesn't. When you have a city full of fair weather fans, it does.

One type of fan is there for the team even when they are rebuilding, the other just wants to show up when things are good. It's very obvious that most Houston fans are the latter....and you shouldn't be worried about me saying so. You've said that only supporting your team when things are good is what smart fans do.

17. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

No, I'm calling you out for pretending like these teams haven't self-inflicted their wounds. The Astros did everything in their power to gut the fanbase for a decade. Now they're a good team and people have shown up accordingly. The Texans, save 1 season as far as I can remember, have NEVER deserved the support they get and aren't exactly in a position at this moment to expect greatness. They sell out every game still, so calling them fair-weather doesn't even apply. The Rockets "attendance problem" is due in large part to the corporate seating of the lower bowl. That's never going to change.

18. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

If you support Bob McNair you are a racist plain and simple

red5rocket and DaonlyLA like this.
  19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Key point here:

The Rockets have sold 99.2% of the tickets they put up for sale this season. Over 99%. If you're in the lower bowl club sidelines you know what the problem is with people not being in their seats....it's by design. Because if they can keep you at one of the bars entertaining clients..or in the Golden Nugget Lounge playing fake blackjack and drinking $15 cocktails, they make way more money than they do if you sit in your seats. I have clients, vendors and referral sources who take me to games...they all have amazing seats. And most spend a good deal of their time not sitting in them. Just as the Rockets organization designed.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Bingo.

The Rockets have an "attendance problem" the same way Carrot Top has an "attendance problem" at the Luxor.

Basketball is a business, folks. Those club seats, even if they're empty, keep the lights on and the contracts fat.