1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 10/28/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yao is gone. I doubt he comes back as a 30+ minute a player so we need to start tanking.

2. bobby6186

bobby6186 Member

I'm hoping Morey makes another miracle trade for an all star-caliber player!

3. joesr

joesr Member

Honestly, Chuck Hayes needs ot come back in. he sucks at offense but guess what were sucking at it too.

mix andersen at the PF with chuck at the 5

4. jogo

jogo Member

I'd be fine with trying this. Scola and Landry are bad tonight, again! We can't win a game if both of them are playing like *****.

5. rockets2

rockets2 Member

There is the door and dont let it hit you on the way out.... giving up after 2 games. bandwagon fan are getting exposed

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah this is very true. I absolutely hate it. Ariza gambles way too much. Landry jumps way too much. Scola tries to tip the ball away way too much. Very heartbreaking to see how undisciplined they are defensively.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Ok Rockets, Adam Wexler and a few others have said TMAC looks good but then this from twitter...

RicBucher TMac worked out before the game. Said one Warrior watching with me: "He's still limping. Even I can see that."

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm interested in this combination. I hope Adelman gives it to us sometimes. Andersen seems to be the only one trying to take advantage of those midgets. The problem is that you pair him with Landry and on the defensive side they get killed and outrebounded.

9. joesr

joesr Member

that was actually my mentality once we had 44 mil off the court. its called realism. it hurts to see everyone keep saying we can do this and we do that.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Is Battier's leadership overrated in that those players are still bad in their defensive principles? I guess not including Ariza, who's still new.

11. esteban

esteban Member

A few of us who are down on this team, I don't know why you guys are feeling like that. You know coming into this season we are dealt a bad hand so I don't expect much, in fact I'm pleasantly surprised and hopefull. Portland is long, loaded and a legit playoff threat and we took it to them last night, we are fighting hard tonight and I know this game will go down to the wire.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He better do it soon.

13. joesr

joesr Member

and this coming from a guy who joined the site a month ago

14. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Scola and Landry are out too far from the post when they initially get the ball. They need to do their work early and get deep post position.

15. esteban

esteban Member

Not a bad idea!

16. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Exactly. even if yao returns, he'll be nothing more then good player. all these injuries have taken there toll. at 30 coming off three stress fractures and having 310 pounds of constant pressure on the leg, it's not gonna be prime yao anymore

17. tx2005

tx2005 Member

Last night the Blazers announcers said something similar. They said they saw Tmac running on the court and he looked slow/out of shape (not sure if they mentioned him limping).

I'm starting to think one of two things:

1.) Tmac doesn't come back until sometime in 2010.

2.) TMac's knee problems are not going away and he simply will not be able to come back as his "old self".

18. joesr

joesr Member

yes we did know its gonna be a hard season. I think its more along the lines of reading everyone elses post who hasnt realized that yet. also, we have to remember there is only a couple other west teams who might be worse then us and we will be playing them all a bit.

19. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

I thought AB would be our main scorer this season.
    7 pts ? WTF?

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It sucks to see our team struggle like this, but Trevor and Andersen look promising players for us this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.