1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Quits Fox News After Network Shows Him Trailing Joe Biden In Polls

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T_Man, Jul 7, 2020.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trum...P6oibCboSbcUWFKdA3MWGWb-vDm71pb4Crz2fayrCZSBH

The president is urging his supporters to change the channel.

By Ed Mazza

Donald Trump said he’s done with Fox News after the network on Sunday showed him trailing former Vice President Joe Biden in the polls.

Trump claimed he was leading in “real polls” but did not cite any:

Trump has repeatedly claimed that 96 percent of Republicans approve of him. While he does enjoy high levels of support among members of his party, there are no recent polls that show him reaching that level. Last week, a Hill-Harris X poll found he had an 82 percent approval rating among Republicans, down from 91 percent in May.

In addition to attacking Fox, Trump also urged his supporters to change the channel:

Trump has repeatedly attacked news agencies for reporting on polls unfavorable to him and even sent a “cease and desist” threat to CNN last month for broadcasting a poll that showed him trailing Biden by 14 points.

The Trump campaign also reportedly cut ties with some pollsters last month after internal polls were leaked. Those polls showed Trump trailing Biden in several swing states.

Trump has expressed displeasure with Fox News numerous times in recent months. In May, he complained that the network was “doing nothing to help Republicans, and me, get re-elected.” He also said he was “looking for a new outlet.”

Despite his complaints, Fox News has remained friendly territory for Trump, with personalities such as Sean Hannity frequently offering lavish praise. Over the weekend, the network even cropped an image of late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein with Trump to remove the president.

T_Man

Andre0087, RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Hey Criminal in Chief!

You ... need ... to ... live ... with ... it.

I'm just saying.

RayRay10, Blatz, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

5. adoo

adoo Member

Traitor Trump just can't take the truth !

saitou and Blatz like this.
  6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

96%... What did he do poll 25 people in his administration and one person said they disapproved or was unsure? Who was the last person to be fired or to submit their resignation?

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. AB

AB Contributing Member

Even after they cropped him off the Epstein picture??

Well.. could this be a setup for new TV channel?? Trump TV!!:)

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

From my understanding that was the main reason he got into the Presidential Race in the first place and he was not expecting to win, but to get a following Like Rush Limbaugh....

T_Man

FranchiseBlade, B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

He’s the Kmart version of Bloomberg.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

hey, I like Kmart.

maybe Dollar General?

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

13. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

LOL. ****ing Trump. Good one T.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He has the clout to do it but his incompetence will not allow him to capitalize on it.

He would be upset that they were not talking about him enough instead of being an actual faux news channel.

conquistador#11 and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

I've long believed that the majority of Fox viewers will leave them for the Trump Channel when he makes one. Now we're going to find out.

The number of viewers who watch both will be very small; Trump will command his followers to abandon the false god and follow him, and a great many will do so.

Fox will perceive this as an existential threat. If they lose thirty, fifty, sixty percent of their viewers and more... that's unmitigated financial disaster. And we all know that they are about money, not "news".

Fighting for their lives, would they try to pre-empt Trump? Try to find some way to drag him down (which so far has been utterly impossible)?

I'm very curious to see what percentage of all republican voters go to the Trump News Network vs Fox (which already makes up a huge percentage of repub voters.)

conquistador#11 and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Nolen

Trump has failed at almost everything else, but this is one place I see him succeeding - gaining and generating attention.
    He'll make another reality show to reproduce his success with The Apprentice.

But if he sticks true to his principles- that is, stabbing everyone in the back and stiffing contractors and leaving them unpaid... could also a be a sh*tshow.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Snowflake Boomers and their Cancel tactics...

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Let's pray his legal and financial battles consume his time post presidency.

19. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...should be a hell of a fun thing to watch, though...however it goes...;)

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Nolen

I know that I shouldn't, but I relish the oncoming fight between the Qanon/Trumpers and the center right.

Yet another reason I wish we had multiple political parties. In Germany, there's the AfD and we know where the fearful white voters are persuaded by demagogues, we know how many they are and where they are.

RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.