1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Pete Buttigieg running for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I don't really care to be honest. My dentist is in Mexico and my primary doctor is on another continent. Only thing I do or would use the US medical system for is emergency, eye doctor, and cancer (depending on the type of cancer). I pay cash for my regular visits oveseas and have an international plan if something big occurs.

2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Don't care about what?

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Mayor Peter is leaving the race.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

well I was wrong. Didn't even make it to super Tuesday.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Kinda surprised he did it before Super Tuesday, but Biden's windfall put the pressure on him big time.

Mrs. Klobuchar... Ball is in your court.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s a surprise but I guess he saw no path to victory and really doesn’t want Sanders. I saw him on the morning shows and he didn’t seem like he was going to drop.

I wonder how long Klobuchar is going to hold out.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Not quite enough billionaires I guess.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm super disappointed. Not excited that it will be either Joe or Bernie but I'll support them no matter what.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m with you. I don’t agree policy wise with Sanders and think he’ll cost down ballot races but I personally can’t stand Joe Biden.

Nook and ElPigto like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm disappointed in the sense that I prefer Sanders, but if Sanders doesn't get the nomination, I would much rather prefer Pete over Biden.

But ya at the end of the day I'll hold my nose and even vote for Bloomberg in the general.

Nook, FrontRunner and B-Bob like this.
  12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I like him, I really do. I’ve donated to his campaign. I’ve defended him on multiple occasions. And I understand his appeal: the level-headed intellectual that’s quick on his feet and is a fresh voice in a field dominated by career politicians and geriatrics.

It’s clearly not his time, though. He has an authenticity problem, as well as well-documented issues with the minority vote. The bright side for him is he’s cabinet material. 4-8 years as Secretary of State would boost his national profile tremendously, and those minority voters would undoubtedly warm up to him.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We supported him, but being the intelligent guy that he is, Pete dropped out when it could still do Biden some good. We'll be adding a Joe Biden sticker on the family chariots next to Pete's, and a yard sign. While I'll vote for Bernie if he wins the nomination, I sincerely hope he doesn't. Klobuchar should show the same good sense that Pete did and bow out. I don't expect her to, not yet, although she isn't going anywhere.

Bloomberg is an option I'd rather not have to vote for. He could easily split the vote and hurt Biden. Like Sanders, I will if he manages to win.

What a world.

jcf, ROXTXIA, Major and 6 others like this.
  15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Great move by Pete. He left when it looked like when he was a winner. Well played from that standpoint. That being said he showed an incredible talent for self promotion and exaggeration of his accomplishments in life. Pete will soon be a very rich man. He has a promise for something. After resigning as a candidate a cool million or two from Bloomberg would be totally legal, though taxable. He might be have the promise to be appointed to a high government position. Also I can see him as a talking head on CNN. Better yet the head of a major corporate pr department. He displayed " a certain moral flexibility that not all everyone has". From the movie "Thank you for smoking about a corporate pr guy". Aron Eckhart as the pr guy

It automatically lifts Warren to third or fourth in upcoming races as she shared the educated white demo. He did his job and bled Bernie a bit in the white states of Iowa and New Hampshire.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You are a deeply cynical person, glynch, and paranoid as hell.

jiggyfly, ElPigto and B-Bob like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

your furious hatred for a highly intelligent, decent human being noted.

Nook, jiggyfly, ElPigto and 3 others like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More likely, that Pete ran a campaign and did what all folks do on their resume. He put himself in the best possible light which is part of campaigning. He did well for a while. He also read the writing on the wall and so he suspended his campaign. He ran a pretty decent campaign couldn't garner enough minority support to make him viable and suspended. It makes sense.

I don't see any reason to project his future.

#838 FranchiseBlade, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    Deckard, RayRay10 and ElPigto like this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think you meant Pete. Freudian slip?

;-)

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. Major

Major Member

glynch showed his true colors when he openly complained that Bloomberg was paying his employees too much money. glynch doesn't care about poor people or anyone else.

Nook and jiggyfly like this.