1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Now!'s Recent Activity

1. Hey Now! replied to the thread Uniform changes.....

With respect, if your argument is that who owns the name, brand, colors of a franchise isn't relevant - and maybe I've misunderstood...

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:05 AM
  2. Hey Now! liked havoc1's post in the thread Uniform changes.....

Yeah someone calling an argument an emotional reaction is a pretty clear way to indicate that one doesn’t have a good rebuttal. I never...

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:41 AM
  3. Hey Now! replied to the thread Uniform changes.....

To answer the former: because there isn't a knife in existence capable of splitting the hair necessary to draw a distinction between...

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:40 AM
  4. Hey Now! replied to the thread Uniform changes.....

I mean this sincerely: your response is a (perfectly rational & understandable) emotional reaction. But the facts of the matter are the...

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:33 PM
  5. Hey Now! replied to the thread Uniform changes.....

This simply isn't true. The NFL owns the Oilers name, brand, colors, logo... Think of it from this perspective: if an NFL team left the...

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:50 AM
  6. Hey Now! replied to the thread Uniform changes.....

Correct. The Titans have a very reasonable claim that they "own" Oiler blue. I think they have every right to protect their brand - and...

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:38 AM
  7. Hey Now! liked HillBoy's post in the thread Uniform changes.....

I found this on Reddit. I had a suspicion that something like this happened:...

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:02 AM
  8. Hey Now! replied to the thread Uniform changes.....

The Titans trotting out anything Oiler is 100% petty af. But I don't view objecting to the new Houston team trying to steal some of that...

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:01 AM
  9. Hey Now! replied to the thread Uniform changes.....

I would wager there are often uniform approval issues & objections, as teams are *very* protective of their brand. But I think the vast...

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:58 AM
  10. Hey Now! replied to the thread Uniform changes.....

The report states Nike designed a uniform that more prominently featured Oiler blue. I'm assuming here - but that would almost certainly...

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:50 AM
  11. Hey Now! replied to the thread Uniform changes.....

Exactly. This is the point I think people are too-quickly speeding by: that history, from an NFL perspective, belongs in Tennessee. You...

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:45 AM
  12. Hey Now! replied to the thread Uniform changes.....

I agree with every word of this. But I keep going back to the fact the NFL, per reports, *agreed* with Tennessee, and limited how much...

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:39 AM
  13. Hey Now! replied to the thread Uniform changes.....

They very clearly didn't stop them. That's not the argument being made. This is objectively wrong. They own 36 years of history that...

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:37 AM
  14. Hey Now! replied to the thread Uniform changes.....

Oh, to be very clear... breaking out the Oilers uniforms last year was very clearly petty. Yeah, **** them for doing that. It was gross....

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:12 AM
  15. Hey Now! liked MadMax's post in the thread Uniform changes.....

Ok, I googled this, and yes…NFL teams split merchandising revenue. So it’s pretty ****ing petty. Whether you buy Oilers/Titans gear or...

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:02 AM
  • About ClutchFans

Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

• Support ClutchFans!

If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!

Upgrade Now