1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola our new 6th man?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Dec 23, 2011.

?

Do you think that Louis Scola should:

1. Start

119 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. Come off the bench

11 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Stay

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Go

9 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I have a feeling that if he isn't being showcased for trade purposes, Scola wil come of the bench this season. It will give some experience to the second unit, he will be a scoring spark and it will give our team an opportunity to play & develop a healthy Patterson.

Scola is an awesome player, but I just have a feeling that we would be better served with him comming off the bench and filling up the stat sheet as part of the second unit.

Possible 6th man of the year award. Just my opinion, would love your thoughts.

Btw: I see a trade comming very soon, we are overloaded at the point and at power forward. If Mook Morris can play both forward spots that will help both his and our cause.

So my second question is should Scola stay or go? If we are aiming for the playoffs this year, IMO he stays, unless we can get the star Center that we crave.

4-5 seed here we come!

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

We need him next to Dalem to make up for his offensive liabilities. Same goes to the second unit we need Patt next to hill for defensive reasons.

3. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

Let Luis Scola start he's a better offensive player right now

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Scola is better than Patrick right now, so he starts. I like Scola’s versatile offensive game next Dalembert more anyway.

5. cujo

cujo Member

Are you serious? Scola starts!

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

What is wrong with people nowadays? Scola off the bench? He is a quality starter and the best PF we have (as much as I love our freshman/sophomore players).

1-star thread imo.

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Yeah, but Dalembert isn't starting, at least not until he beats Jordan for the starting spot.

Its Jordan Hill's job to lose; the starting center spot will not go to Dalembert automatically.(well that's at least according to Bill and Matt who spoke to McHale)

8. 42zrO

42zrO Member

dude your dumb. one of the first rules about basketball is one of the best players if not our best always starts. The better players start... always... nub

9. 42zrO

42zrO Member

dude your dumb. one of the first rules about basketball is that the best players if not our best always starts. The better players start... always... nub

10. IzakDavid13

It doesn't matter if you play 30 minutes off the bench or as a starter...

I agree that Scola is the best power forward that we have at the moment, does that then mean that he is immune to comming off the bench?
    NO.

My thoughts were to have one of our 2 top scorers, in Martin, starting and then as an impact player off the bench Luis Scola to be the go to guy and scoring spark. Does that make sense?
    IMO, Yes.:)

11. AggieRocketsFan

I would rather Kmart play 6th man.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Like him over Kmart any 24 hours of any day

He is a better defender, has a solid buid over stickfigure Martin

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Of course they're gonna say that, but I'm pretty sure they envision Dalembert taking over the starting job once he gets fully settled in.

Hill and Dalembert are probably equally dumb players, but Dally can do more as far as rebounding, shot blocking, and clogging up the paint. He’s a clear upgrade, or else the Rockets wouldn’t have brought him in for $7M.

14. IzakDavid13

2007-08 Manu Ginobili (Spurs) 19.5pts (eff/g 20.0 rank 1st)

Your argument is invalid.

15. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Good points

Good point bout having him be spark for 2nd unit but scola is just too good and means too much to have come off bench...scola is prob the most consistent player on the rockets and they need that consistency from the start of game...I think as he gets older that he would be perfect off bench but he still is too big a factor in games to come off bench now...plus after the hurt he must feel from almost being traded for them to make him 6th man would be more crushing to him...not to mention his trade value would drop if he isnt starting

16. IzakDavid13

A better question would be: if Scola was to come off the bench this season,
    A. Would he still be effective and B.would it benefit the team if we could have a 18-20pts per player comming off the bench to contribute / be the go to guy, if we already have a 20+pts per game guy starting in Martin.

IMO: Yes & Yes.

17. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

They did not have a bench.

18. IzakDavid13

Manu came off the bench for the team in all but 20 odd games and led the team in scoring, they had some decent role players but they differed to Manu.

42zrO said that it is the rule in basketball that you always start your best players, I gave him this example, I could give a few more off top of my head, but I see no need.

19. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Pro Tank LOGIX.

20. Rockets_Texans

he should start. the guy can score