1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 11, 2014.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

So, I assume the lineup is eventually gonna start to look like this? idk...I guess the overall team defense is improved, and that is the biggest problem they have had.

Bruin Barnes

Boniek
    Davis Ashe/Beasly

Garrido

Beasly/Ashe Sarkodie

Taylor Rico

Hall

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

that didn't post right, my pad

-----Bruin---------Barnes-----

----------Boniek----------

Davis--------------------Ashe/Beasly

----------Girrardo----------

Beasly/Ashe---Taylor---Rico---Sarkodie​

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

If Dom is willing to move Rico to the back line I would go with the following.

-----Bruin---------Barnes-----

----------Davis----------

Beasley--------------------Boniek

----------Girrardo----------

Ashe---Taylor---Rico---Sarkodie​

4. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

why is alex still on this team?

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Im just worried about davis moving centrally, he seems to just never play that well when moved there, he just works a lot better on the outside. I think bonier is more ideal in that spot but then you have to throw beastly or ashe on the right side which also doesn't make much sense

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Cutting him won't accomplish anything since he'll still count against the cap. There's also the possibility that Dom thinks he may at some point break into the lineup.

7. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i guess my real question is why hasnt he broke into the lineup? he is one of our DPs, right?

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Chris Canetti has strongly implied that they are actively looking for a team to send Alex to on a loan. However, nobody has popped up yet as a good candidate.

Also, with Canetti implying that Garrido is a CM as opposed to a CDM, I'm wondering if they'll flatten out Davis and Garrido in the middle of the field and play a more conventional 4-4-2, with Beasley and Boniek flanking the sides?

#328 Fyreball, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  9. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bruin/Barnes/Beasley/Boniek = new Killer B's!?! :cool::cool:

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Is the Dynamo vs. Aston Villa match being streaming on the HoustonDynamo.com website tonight?

When will Beasely and Garrido make their first appearances for the club?

11. Beavis Stiffler

Yes, they will broadcast it live on their website at 8 pm.

Beasley and Garrido may play one half against Aston Villa tonight. They will start next week's game against D.C. United.

2 people like this.
  12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Why can I pretty much find no info on the game tonight? Not even listed on the mls website

13. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wxQw0UtBkAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

Any stream links for MLS?

Really want to see the game tonight, damn you Howard Chen!

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's gonna be on csn and nationally on unimas I believe.

1 person likes this.
  16. Beavis Stiffler

There's 1st-row-sports, atdhe, wiziwig-tv, sportstream-tv, livesoccertv, and stream2u that's all I know.

1 person likes this.
  17. Beavis Stiffler

Dynamo win 1-0 over DC United. Bruin scores the game winner in the 90th minute. Big win and a much needed 3 points for the Dynamo.

18. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V1UOZ4Lm6JA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Bob Barker 007

Can someone give me a rundown of how the game went tonight, particularly the efforts of Garrido and Beasley?

20. SexyButIgnorant

Beasley played really well. Chose his runs perfectly, never had any problems defensively, and made each of his attacks count. But I could tell that near the end, he was completely gassed (despite that, he had a great run where he cut up the middle taking the entire team before being fouled near the 18 yard box). Probably a product of just getting back into soccer form.

As for Garrido, I thought he did okay. He stole a lot of balls in the midfield, and one can tell that he's your typical pitbull defensive mid. But he wasn't anything special with the ball at his feet. When he went for the simple pass, he was okay, but anything harder than that and it resulted in a turnover. But he definitely looks to be the type to lay it all on the field every game.

Team played well in the first half, actually remarkably well. There was good chemistry, great ball movement, fantastic off-the-ball runs, and we had a number of chances that we didn't take advantage of (great saves from the goalkeeper, as well as a Bruin header off the post). The 2nd half was kind of worrying. We stopped being aggressive and the entire team kind of fell from that point on. No anticipation, bad passes and lazy plays. Got lucky with the ugly goal at the end, but we take what we can.