1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Andre Johnson no longer wants to be a Texan

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Granville

Granville Member

Regarding the responses I heard on 790 regarding his conversations with management, AJ should just rolled with....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q0jMy0qCQkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

It's funny how all those people ragging on Johnson are now getting back on the bandwagon. What a bunch of fair weathered fans the Texans have. Pathetic.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

LOL. Umm, they were all supporting the team over the player. I think that's the exact opposite of a "fair weather fan".

4. Buck Turgidson

Your signature is ridiculously & annoyingly huge.

5. ln3012

ln3012 Member

failpost. seems like this would make them fair weather Johnson fans, and the opposite of a fair weather Texans fan.

6. Remii

Remii Member

But this team is nothing without AJ so I get his point. Lol...

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Could you explain what you mean by this?

Fairweather? Everyone is a "Fairweather" fan if you are going by this.

I complained when the Texans went 2-14, and complained when Andre whined about his situation.

Does that make me fairweather? I support the team 100% and plan on being a Texan fan for life. I enjoyed watching games when we were 2-14, as much as when the Texans won there division.

I don't really know what you mean by fairweather.

1 person likes this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Apparently it was only about money/job security.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...hnson-texans-made-peace/#1569101=0&25394103=0

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

My boy AJ is back and ready to go like I expected. It won't take that much time for him and Fitzpatrick to get on the same page. For those that are concerned about him missing ota's and mini camp, don't be. AJ is a student of the game and he will pick up BOB's system very quickly.

Awww im glad the big fella is back.

10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

+ rep

I'm with ya man, very well put!

To all those that wanna still talk sh!+, or jump back on the wagon..... [​IMG]

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In BOB I trust.

12. Remii

Remii Member

You were right Baller... And AJ has a big ol "I'm getting my money" smile on his face.

"McNair assured Johnson the Texans have no intentions of cutting him after this season and that the owner expects him to finish his career with the Texans and become the first member of the team to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

Uncle Bob threw his wallet on the table and told AJ to get his @** into camp... Lol..

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Over the next three years? He had 19 the past four years combined. Let's get to 10 - baby steps and all...

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Glad to see Andre will not be cut next year

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I was mad cuz he was hurting the team.. I am now happy because he is helping the team.. Either way i was thinking about the team.. not sure how that makes me fairweather fan... maybe a fairweather Johnson fan. but i dont think you can be a fairweather fan of a player.

I am very happy he is back as it makes our team WAY better and gives our team a better chance and more leadership.

However, I still stand by my opinions of how he handled everything, not that they matter, but just pointing out that I'm not all of the sudden his BIGGEST FAN groping at his feet.

On the signature thing, to each his own. I find the Carl Herrera one HILARIOUS, but you could probably do without one or both of the others, it is kinda huge.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

I'll admit, I am a huge Andre fan, and believe he can do no wrong, but I am so glad we can see the great go back to doing what he does best. In 10 years when we go back, this will hardly be remembered.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

More like 10 minutes. For me, at least.

1 person likes this.
  18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No doubt. Dude didn't miss a second of training camp. I would've been fine as long as he didn't miss a second of the regular season.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mentioned this on ITC: Among topics Andre Johnson discussed with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> brass was a job post-career with the team. Really appealing to him</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/492765157282418688">July 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It was always about money and financial security, I'm glad that they came to an agreement and it'll all be water under the bridge.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member