1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acefan18

acefan18 Member

With multiple trade ideas being thrown around, I thought I would put this here.
    These are the notable overseas players the Rockets have the rights to that could be included in any trades with a team not looking to take back salary on their cap for this upcoming season
    :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Gentile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marko_Todorović_(basketball)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kostas_Papanikolaou

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Llull

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maarty_Leunen

2. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

My 2 cents, don't see why Suns would give up Dragic when he played so well will Bledsoe last season. I just think this is a pipe dream, but fun to read anyway

3. Garner

Garner Member

This notion that because the suns signed Isaiah Thomas to a contract means they now have to give Dragic away for peanuts is delusional at best

4. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Unless Dragic has told the organisation that he is going to opt out and sign with a contending team. Isn't he 28 years old? Is it possible that he wants to contend for a championship in his prime? Perhaps he doesn't think going through the Phoenix rebuild is worthwhile. So PHX is now trying to trade him for cents in the dollar.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

One thing to consider is Dragic will cost a lot more than Bledsoe in the long term because his max is around 20 million. Do you think the suns are willing to pay Dragic over 15 million a year without a superstar on the roster?

#5225 rockbox, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  6. gregas

gregas Member

Yeah, except that he signed there knowing full well they'll be going through a rebuild, and since then stated multiple times he wants to resign there.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I think anyone claiming to know what Dragic is thinking is bull****ting, he doesn't air anything in the press and always gives generic answers.

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Not true...

There is one person who knows....

[​IMG]

9. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I am pretty sure Daryl Morey called every single team in the league to move Royce. ;) lol

10. Aleron

probably a few in europe too

11. Convictedstupid

Did some 'insider' post a dragic update I missed?

12. gregas

gregas Member

Meh, I saw videos of him saying he wants to come back, but can find any now.

13. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

best player available / accumulate assets - they don't have to be an undersized power forward to make that strategy work

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

"Nothing has happened yet. Rockets still looking to upgrade though. Stay tuned."

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think the common belief thrown around here (and I'm in this camp) is that Phoenix would have to pay max-ish salaries to two starting-level point guards starting at around $14,000,000 and probably more....even if they call Goran a shooting guard, which he sometimes can be.

This, plus why bother paying good money to Isaiah Thomas as they did? PLUS draft a point guard?

I'm not saying we'll get Dragic, but I think there's a decent chance, despite the naysayers here.

How steep would the cost be to un-screw-up Les' insistence on making money from signing Jeremy and letting Goran go? Maybe we'll see. I'm giving Plowman a chance on this one. Maybe because I can't believe that Lee Harvey Oswa---er, no. Wrong disbelief. I meant to say, I can't believe that Morey would trot out this roster on opening day.

16. Solaris

Solaris Member

Royce White says hi

17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I absolutely LOATHE that I can connect that reference.. sad, lonely summer years back when I had no control over the remote.

18. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Yeah very good points. Would love the dragon back, I just think with the way this offseason has gone I don't want to get my hopes up haha. Will be interesting though none the less

19. Aleron

my gf says its one of those soapies, but won't tell me which one, days? which would be apt for what's going on.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Philly called Morey about Furkan Aldemir and $1.7M. Royce was attached as a part of the trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.