1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Watts New 400k Home in Pearland

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tallanvor, Feb 13, 2012.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Nothing special but what else do us Texans fans have to talk about. Everything else has been discussed.

SlideShow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The TV is in a horrible spot. Why wouldn't they have it on the center panel instead of the ****ty art?

[​IMG]

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He'll be trading up in a few years. That boys gonna make bank, but its a nice little starter mansion.

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

That's an Ashton Woods home. It looks bigger than it actually is. Nice homes, though.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

From delivering for Pizza Hut to a borderline Pro-Bowler with that house in a matter of 4 or 5 years(if that). Good for him!

5. conquistador#11

if I'd gotten to the nfl three years ago, i would be on top of the world, chico. I would be a multimillionaire by now. I would have my own cheese farm a fishing boat..grand marshall of the rodeo..all of it.

6. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

He's going to regret having the kitchen next to the living room...those damn loud dishwashers :mad:

7. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

he's 2 mins away from a buddy in Pearland. true story brahs.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Ugh, it's Pearland. Nobody wants to live there so you can get your McMansion on the cheap.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

more and more homes are doing this and I use to like the idea, but the more I thought about it it would be annoying to be watching something while someone else is cooking, cleaning, etc in the kitchen. My old girlfriend's place had a similar layout (with kitchen next to living room) and it was real annoying to have the background noise.

However, it does look like he set up his "tv/gamin" room upstairs with those 2 black chairs...which i have no idea how he fits into.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I much prefer this setup -- you can talk to you wife while you watch TV and she cooks.

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Plus, it allows the cook to watch TV and not be excluded when guests are over. I like the open concept. We have that concept in our home, but we never do use the dishwasher.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Our kitchen is next to the living room and it's not a problem at all. In fact, it's awesome. I don't understand why you would want it another way. Dishwasher aren't 747's or anything.

I don't know what JJ's personal situation is. Personally, at his age, with his cash - even considering he doesn't have as much today as he will in a few years, and it's the NFL, so nothing guaranteed - I would have bought much much much closer to town. But maybe he's just not a big city guy in any way.

13. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

He's from Pewaukee, Wisconsin.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

noted... but that doesn't mean he might not prefer big city living. plenty of small town kids go big city and vice versa.

Especially just for a time. Especially at his age. Especially with his cash. And closer to town Houston isn't even that "big city". Maybe he has kids or something...

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

We don't have the open design and to be honest, I wish we did since it creates the feel of more space and you can talk with people in the kitchen while in the family or dining room. And dishwasher noise isn't a problem if you get a Bosch (hardly hear it at all, even while in the kitchen. The bigger problem is cooking smells permeate the house.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I think half the roster lives in Pearland. It's a shirt ride to Reliant.

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I do as well, although I'm the cook. If you own a nice, high efficacy dishwasher you can't even hear a thing. I lived in a very spaced out home and hated the layout.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

*snort*

time to upgrade that woman

19. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

The open floorplan is the trend these days. You can cook, entertain, and the central hub is usually the kitchen area. This way you can still enjoy company while seeing everything thats going on.

1 person likes this.
  20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Only $400k? Clearly JJ Watt does not come from the JaMarcus Russell school of financial planning.

1 person likes this.