1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like your job?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Jan 4, 2014.

?

Do you like your job?

1. Yes

60 vote(s)
    47.2%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. Indifferent

31 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Right now, that's basically the only function of a congressman. Considering 90% are re-elected, not that daunting of a task.

2. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I help run my family business whose scope ranges from heavy manufacturing to commercial real estate.

3. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

live frugally, live in a $300 a month 1 bedroom in sharpstown

learn to love the poor.. stack cash and then make your move towards starting a business, putting it all in a very wise investment , or moving to a country where you can live richly and forget american life

4. body slam

body slam Member

I work in at a hole in the wall welding shop and I like it a lot. My boss and his wife are two of the most awesome people to work for that treat and take care of us way better than they should. One co-worker is on my people to kill list, but I'm sure I'd have that anywhere. The money is ok. I could make more off shore or in the oil field, but I'm happy being able to go home every night. Like all jobs you have the what the hell am I doing here days and there are others days that make me appreciate it even more.

5. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I can probably stand a change of pace but love the boss and work environment so I'm good. Hell, why muck up a good thing....

6. AXG

AXG Member

I enjoy my job other than the (lack of) pay, but my main focus is on school right now.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Got a big promotion back in September and like my job much more now, but like any other job, it has it's pros and cons.

Pros: I like the people work with now. Before I worked with a bunch of DUDS but now I work with a pretty fun group. After-work HH's are a common thing nowadays whereas they were TOTALLY UNHEARD OF at my last position. More money is also a very good thing. And I can now work from home whenever I want to.

Cons: More pressure, tighter deadlines and bigger consequences for missing deadlines. The one thing I don't like about this job is that as a project manager, I spend most of my time pushing other people to do their work so that I can finish mine. My job would be so much easier (and less stressful) if everyone I work with would take my projects as seriously as I do. Probably an unreasonable expectation, though. Can't expect my emergencies to automatically be other people's emergencies too, I suppose...

8. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I'm currently very happy with my job. The actual work is not the most exciting in the world but the colleagues, hours and decent pay justify it. To be honest, only a small percentage of the population enjoy what we call the "perfect' job". As previous posters mentioned, you have to look at your constant shift priorities and see what is most important to you. When you're just starting out after college, maybe it's money. Then as you get slightly older, it might become hours as you want to spend more time with your friends and/or significant other. Once you're in your 30s, you might start prioritizing promotional potentials as you're looking to move into management.

Priorities change and you have to adopt to it too. It's how we survive and thrive in our environment.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm pretty much own boss where I'm at, run my own show, but instead of being in charge of employees I outsource to agencies and freelancers so there's no pee-pee game employee moral business going on. And I'm satisfied with my budget. Good spot to be in.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:cool:
    what do you do now?

11. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I love my job. There are 4 other amazing ladies who are full time employees, and then anywhere from 5-20 contractors in the office depending on the projects we have going. My bosses are the coolest guys EVER, generous and super nice with great senses of humor. Dirty jokes are encouraged. We all go out and drink together. Schedules are ridiculously flexible and we get lots of vacation days.

A bunch of project managers have stayed even when they get better opportunities elsewhere. It's just too amazing to actually look forward to coming in to your job on Monday mornings.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Are y'all ni.ggas hiring?

13. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

lol, for real.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It would have been nice to work in sports bc that's my passion but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I like my job on most days. It doesn't mean that it truly makes me happy but I am very grateful for having a career in the O&G industry.

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Does. Not. Compute.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I know you're trying to be funny but you might wanna say ninja instead. There is no need for that on here.

#36 sammy, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

¿Ni gas puedes comprar? :confused:

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Love it, absolutely love it.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

25yrs and counting...nuff said..:eek:

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Aunque digan que soy, un trollero no soy. Yo soy mario pinche almada.