1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McFail Memes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Apr 18, 2013.

1. TheJet

TheJet Member

Some really good ones in there. I can tell this is cathartic for a lot of people! :grin:

2. Hughesy

Hughesy Member

3. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Jeez, now you know I am not an American.

At least I know who he is now.

4. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

I don't get this one.

5. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Haha, these 2 go perfect with each other :grin:

6. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

7. haydenfisher342

When I told my not much of a sports fan wife about my idea, she even went down laughing, I laughed the whole time I made it to be honest, im glad you like it

8. BigTex

BigTex Member

9. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

yeah, stupid me. thanks the fix. lol

10. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  11. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

12. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

13. haydenfisher342

14. strifed169

strifed169 Member

epic thread is epic

15. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

lmao funny +10 thread

16. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

lolol when things go right, all the credit goes to Morey.

When things go wrong, all the blame falls on McHale.

18. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

19. torocan

torocan Member

That's because the GM's responsibility is to acquire talent. It's the Coach's responsibility to put them in a position to win.

Kupchak signs Nash and Dwight. Is it Kupchak's fault if they underperform? Do we blame the players? Or is it the coach's responsibility to find a way to make it work in SPITE of personalities, skill sets and experience?

Fair or not, Morey's job is done. He put enough talent on the roster to give us a competitive team.

McHale's job isn't done. It's not enough to be liked by the players, to push a good offensive system or be respected as a Hall of Fame player.

He is *expected* to make correct in game decisions. It's one thing if his players miss shots, that to some degree is on the players. It's on the coach if he does ridiculous things like having Delfino guarding Gasol, or having the bench on the floor in the 4th WITHOUT Harden or Lin and squandering a 10 point lead.

The difference in this case between the Players and the Coach is the players are *supposed* to make mistakes. They're young and they're inexperienced.

When you hire a NBA quality coach, you *expect* them to make as few errors as possible. And I don't mean missed defensive rotations (which can be on the players or coach), I mean things like complete mismatches or the lack of called plays in crunch time.

I'm not saying McHale is a bad coach, however if you're a serious organization and want to field a serious team, then the last kind of coach you want is one that is going to be learning "on the job".

If we were a 25 win lottery team, that's one thing. The Rockets are a play off team. And Play off teams need Play off level coaches.

Fair or not, if McHale can't control the players, or can't find a way to maximize his roster, or can't get them to execute good plays, or doesn't even know How to call a good play, then the Coach will get the blame.

Let's put this another way, if Phil Jackson, Doc Rivers or Pops were here do you think they would have Delfino guarding Gasol? Or they would call the *same* crappy hand off ISO? Or they wouldn't blink at benching Harden, Lin, Parsons or anyone else for going off the reservation?

Morey did his job. McHale has to do a better job.

20. seyton

seyton Member

considering what happened with his daughter this year this one is over the line.