1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Rangers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 3, 2015.

1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I agree as well - we're such a young team - However, I'd like to think that they'd start to figure it out some as we approach the end of the season.

As far as Altuve, he used to be good at digging balls out of the dirt with his swing - but he's really laid off of those swings this year (as opposed to last year). Last night he was swinging at them again but now he's not making contact with those low and away balls like he used to. I was questioning his decisions last night.

As far as the ballpark being full - I was actually surprised at how many seats were empty - check out the seats behind me in this picture - this was around the 5th inning. (my kids first baseball game)

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Cute family. I wish the Astros could have given them a win for their first live baseball experience, but I'm sure they had a blast at the game!

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Astros have recalled RHP Asher Wojciechowski from Fresno. RHP Dan Straily has been designated for assignment.</p>&mdash; Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) <a href="https://twitter.com/DTGoteraKHOU/status/628989731905212416">August 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

So wojo is our long reliever now

5. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Man, Wojo has been getting lit up badly. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm all for the Straily DFA, but don't get Wojo coming up.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

who did you prefer as a short-term bridge back to Lance?

7. HstnSprtsFan101

Feliz? but he just pitched a couple of days ago so that is probably why they went with Wojo

8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

For the time being, he should be fine as a middle reliever if we need one. Hopefully we don't. Feliz just pitched but I am wondering if they want to bring him up again as the long man. Probably not but he is another potential option if they want an upgrade at long relief or just bring up Velazques again. I think their roster moves have been pretty intriguing lately as we are kind of getting into uncharted territory with competing for a playoff spot while needing to limit young arms with 6 or 7 viable starters on the staff. They may have to play musical chairs between AAA and the big club for a couple of more weeks until rosters expand.

9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

/\

Beat me to it. Just someone to eat up innings over the next couple of games in case he is needed.

10. Airdough

Airdough Member

Position Player by Committee might be as effective. ;)

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Good to see the Nationals demoralizing our arch rival Diamondbacks. I really hate them.

12. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Feliz

Obie

Appel....might be a good time to see Appel in a couple of short doses to see if maybe he could help out of the pen down the stretch

Heck, I'd almost rather you or Nick in the pen right now than Wojo, lol

13. The Drake

The Drake Member

Dumb question: why did we DFA strailey instead on just sending him back down? Out of options?

14. shutkip

shutkip Member

I was just about to ask the same thing. Are we trying to take him off our 40 man roster?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Great Q but nope.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm baffled as to why Houston DFA'd Dan Straily when he has an option left this year &amp; Asher Wojo is already on the 40 man roster.</p>&mdash; Steve E. (@KevinBassStache) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinBassStache/status/629000050694205440">August 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why did Houston need to clear a 40 man roster spot? Trade? Call up? Neither Peacock/Deduno (60 day DL) are scheduled to come back in 2015.</p>&mdash; Steve E. (@KevinBassStache) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinBassStache/status/629001012653723648">August 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Only other guess is that Tucker's injury is severe enough to warrant DL trip, so Astros want to call up another OF (who's not Grossman).</p>&mdash; Steve E. (@KevinBassStache) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinBassStache/status/629002417279930369">August 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

16. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

They had to DFA Straily rather than simply option him because of his service time and the fact that he was up for <24 hours. I'm guessing they did so because he's not that valuable anyway and they need a long reliever in case we get blown out within the next few days.

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

hahahaha. Let me crank one up there at 60 and see if it can float past em

18. conquistador#11

what the mills! how did tucker get hurt? I missed that one

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="in" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> lineup
    4 Altuve
    8 Gomez
    6 Correa
    5 Lowrie
    DH Gattis
    9 Rasmus
    2 Conger
    3 Valbuena
    7 Marisnick
    LHP Kazmir</p>&mdash; Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) <a href="https://twitter.com/OrtizKicks/status/629029333001068544">August 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

20. Airdough

Airdough Member

Carter remains in Purgatory, too good to waive and too bad to play.