1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NO Othella for houston....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Uprising, Feb 1, 2001.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well you all probably know that Othella Harrington has been traded to Newyork, and it seems that Newyork would want to keep him for quite a while because he is exactly what they need. He is a back up for johnson and Camby. ....And to the bbs topics about Hakeem, i am sick and tired of hearing about him. I know it is a mjoar thing right now, but I am just mad at him. he does everything he can to shoe he does not want to be in Houston. It is almost like the Pipen thing, all he has to do now is insult a player.

------------------

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this thread about Othella (there has already been 4 or 5 others), or Hakeem (too many to count)?

------------------
    "Of course, everything looks bad if you remember it!"
    Homer Simpson

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Be nice to the junior members Raven!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Yes, be nice.
    [​IMG]

Mango

------------------
    Spring Cleaning!!!

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hoop-T and Mango, you are right.

Uprising, I applaud your use of grammar and punctuation, which is more than you can say for some on this board... [​IMG]

------------------
    "Of course, everything looks bad if you remember it!"
    Homer Simpson

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

That's more like it!

[​IMG]

------------------

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If you dont have anything mean or spiteful to say, dont say anything at all

------------------
    May I have another Snowball Clutch? Please may I? Ill be a good little mole.... I promise.

8. Houston Rocks

Houston Rocks Member

I don't think Othella would exactly "save our season" if we got him anyway. What does he have that Mo or Kenny doesnt.
    Ssuperstars coming out of the lottery seems to mean more than anything else right about now to me. Are there any??

Rocks

------------------

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Um, Othella has toughness, heart, and a great work ethic... Mo? Nada... Kenny? Negatory...

Othella is what we need, a garbage man willing to mix it up inside... We don't have that... Can you tell me that Olajuwon gets in the middle of a pile and is able to get a putback?

None of our big men provide consistent rebounding and most importantly EFFORT...

We need some toughness and heart... We need Mario Elie's to give this team some sack...

There's absolutely no heart on this team except for Cuttino... Francis as much as I love him, doesn't seem to have the killer instinct needed to win...

Gosh we need to bring Barkley back...

Or hell anyone from the championship teams... They all were willing to put their balls to the walls for a W...

Maybe bring in a new coach who can instill some fire?

------------------
    Check out my homepage! Loads of sports pics!

http://www.public.asu.edu/~sykim/

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Honestly, have you looked at Othella's numbers? Have you seen what he has done this season? I have watched a lot of Othella.

10.9 points and 6.6 rebs. are his averages this year. Hmm, that is .1 rebound more than what Taylor averaged last year, and we were ALL complaining about how bad that is for a PF (except me and Cat). You spoke of consistency? Othella has been the poster child this year for INCONSISTENCY! Go look at his per game numbers. One game he gets you 10 boards, the next 3.

He had one heck of a debut for the Knicks too....2 points and 2 boards in 13 min.

I like Othella, always have, but we have two PF's that are every bit as capable and skilled as he is. Three's a crowd.

------------------

[This message has been edited by HOOP-T (edited February 02, 2001).]