1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

‘***** you f*ggot:’ Texas oil exec stops his car to punch a gay pedestrian unconscious

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, but when you hold his hand and pat him on the ass it kind of gives it away.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In Austin there would still be some doubt. Might just be bro's

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There are a lot of things we don't know about the story. I'll withhold judgment.

I do agree with you that the article is slanted towards making us believe that this was a hate crime, when the details do not confirm this.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

1. That's just using the buddy system. I don't want us to get separated.

2. How else am I supposed to tell him he's doing a good job walking?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Buck clearly hasn't spent much time broing out in Austin.

6. False

False Member

Or maybe he was enraged and might have yelled a straight person, but that extra icing on the cake of them being gay compelled him to get out out of the car and assault the guy. Or maybe he would have not struck a straight person as hard.

It's much easier to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone assaulted someone than to prove beyond a reasonable doubt a motive. We can't really ever truly know the mind of men

7. g1184

g1184 Member

that's an interesting theory ... he could have felt emasculated after being told off by a gay guy. i wouldn't be surprised if he has tons of male-image insecurities that compel him to be the big deek.

the world may never know ...

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He attacked a male openly walking as part of a couple with another male. In the attack he used slurs that are derogatory towards homosexuals.

A prejudice against homosexuals may not be an instigating factor for the attack, but it certainly isn't unreasonable to believe that it played a part. There is evidence to support it.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a piece of information that I'm not seeing in the article that I think will greatly help to understand this situation.

This incident started when Fera almost ran over the couple. What were the circumstances of that? Were they on a clearly marked sidewalk or cross walk and he actually swiped at them or were jay walking or in a way that it would've been difficult for Fera to avoid? What I'm getting at is did Fera possibly intentionally target them with his car to try to scare them or worse. On the other hand was the couple acting in a way that put them in danger and Fera got very upset when they yelled at him for actions he felt they were responsible for.

While this doesn't justify his use of homophobic slurs in the argument it would explain this more as truly just a case of road-rage rather than something more sinister where Fera has been harboring hatred of gays and found an opportunity to act on it.

1 person likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't have to be one or the other. His road rage could be coupled with or intensified by a prejudice against homosexuals.

I wasn't there, and I have no idea if that's the case, but it doesn't have to be road rage or bigotry. It could certainly be one intensifying the other.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True it could and probably is both. My view though is if we are to call this a hate crime, or say that Fera has always and continues to hate gays I think some premeditation the part of his actions would support that.

Many of us have said things that we regret in the heat of the moment and things that when we are calmer wouldn't say or really even think.

12. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hajTNlooZKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm suprised the 6 letter 'F' word is still used in 2015.