1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Highlight Clip of Horry's Alley-Oop Dunk

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by ClutchHorry, Jul 28, 2003.

1. ClutchHorry

ClutchHorry New Member

Hey fellas, great fansite! Been reading for a while. Anyways, do any of you remember that one game where Horry(when he was with us) got a lobbed pass from somebody and he just dunked from behind his back while in midair? It was so monstrous and awesome, I jumped off my seat. I forgot which team he played against. Any help would be cool and a link to the clip would be great. Thanks, much appreciated :)

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Sorry, can't help you. But you just made me remember all those amazing dunks Horry had up his sleeve. He was definitely an underrated dunker.

3. ClutchHorry

ClutchHorry New Member

Not a problem. Anyways, he did it behind the back maybe with two hands with a defender near him. I think it was around '95, but I'm not sure. He jumped so high and so fast, it was a highlite over and over again on many sports channels. Anyone know which dunk I'm talking about?

4. ghost

ghost Member

I am pretty sure you are talking about the dunk he had against the Knicks in the Finals. He got a lob on the out-of-bounds play, if I am not mistaken and then threw it down over Charles Oakley.

5. Pimphand24

Pimphand24 Member

I remember a dunk Horry did (while he was with the Rockets) where he tried to do a simple two handed dunk but missed. The ball hit the rim and flew up in the air. Horry held onto the rim the whole time with one hand, reached out for the ball with his second hand and caught it and then jammed it back in. I think it was against Jordan and the Bulls. That was one of the coolest dunks I've seen... but it wasn't allowed for points since you're not allowed to hang onto the rim.

6. ClutchHorry

ClutchHorry New Member

Pimphand, that was funny. Thanks ghost. I think that may be the one, but I could not find any clips on the net to verify it. The keyword you said was "out-of-bounds" and I got a revision of the play in my head. So I'm leaning towards agreeing with you. Now if only I could find a clip...:(

7. aggie007

aggie007 Member

I remember one where Drexler lobbed it to Horry, and he dunked it behind-the-back. Don't remember against whom though