1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Couple leads police on 100mph chase, have crackpipe in car, cops acquitted, protesters are out again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 24, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You seem to leave out the detail that a cop got into the hood of their car and shot 15 times trying to kill the two people, and none of the cops testified pleading the 5th, so there is no way to get an accurate depiction of the events.

3. Remii

Remii Member

CLEVELAND (AP) — The acquittal of a white Cleveland police officer Saturday set off angry but mostly orderly protests while shining little light on how an event that started with a car backfiring could end in a 137-shot barrage, the patrolman firing from the hood of the car and the deaths of two unarmed black suspects.

Thirteen officers fired at the car after a 22-mile high-speed chase that involved 62 marked and unmarked cars and reached 100 mph.

Wow...!!! Seems just a little excessive but considering they're minorities I guess that makes it okay.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, that kind of thing ONLY happens to minorities.

[​IMG]

5. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Snitches get stitches. The police are a big street gang

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

A big reason he got off was because the two were shot so much by multiple cops that there was no way to tell if the officer in question was the one responsible for the fatal shots.

Seems like the cops thought the couple had a gun because the car backfired. :rolleyes:

7. Remii

Remii Member

I didn't know they were notorious bank robbers...

Well then it can easily be said the officers feared for their lives :rolleyes:

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Another dumbass bigtexxx thread.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

minorities with a crack pipe = worst bandits in American History?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is that what you got from that? LOL fair enough.

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You're the one who equated the two situations without thinking about it first.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not at all what I did, but I can see how some might have misinterpreted it that way if they were trying to not understand.

13. Remii

Remii Member

Bonnie and Clyde killed around 13 people and robbed a gang of banks and stores around 75-80 years ago. It's hard to fault understanding by using them as an analogy. Do you have another example... Preferably in this century.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

He did say fair enough which I take to mean somewhat of conceding the point that it's a bit ridiculous to compare those two situations.

I'll let him off the hook.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't equating the two situations, I was merely pointing out that cops shoot more than just minorities. The cops opened up on them because they got spooked by the misfiring engine and mistook it for a gunshot. Things like that happen when you have tense potentially dangerous situations like that and they are unfortunate.

That said, any cop that shoots 15 rounds in 7 seconds from a semi-automatic weapon with only 2 potential targets probably shouldn't be a cop.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Cops killed two of the most notorious machine gun toting, bank robbing, murdering white criminals in US history eighty years ago is proof that cops kill white people.

LOL

Nice job Bobby.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He should have called it what it was, a joke. Saw the meme three days ago on Twitter.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Only a moron would actually need evidence that non-minorities can end up getting shot by cops in the first place....

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You think that needs pointing out? Seriously? And you use Bonnie and Clyde to make your point?

So one set got killed because they had murdered and robbed. And another got killed because their car backfired and they fled.

20. False

False Member

I think Bobby agrees, anyone who flees from police should be chased dangerously at high speeds and shot as many times as possible. In an ideal world these people are shot in the back before they can even get in a car like that one dude in South Carolina. True heroes these policemen.