1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Went to the Texan's Practice tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Summer Song Giver, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Summer Song Giver

Pretty sweet, vip room, free BBQ and beer as much as you could consume plus visits by the Texan Cheerleaders and I think DC's wife sat about two rows from us but I could be wrong. The cheerleaders were super hot, what a group of hardbodies, very nice.

General manger Charley Casserly stopped by and talked about the team and fielded a few questions. He talked about the draft picks, DC, and just the team in general. He mentioned that Andre Johnson, Bennie Joppru, and Seth Wand were all having great camps. He talked about how bad the O-line was last year and said they have added some players who should help in that area; namely Weigert and Randall although he doesn't expect him to start. He talked in length about Tony Hollings and overall seemed very pleased that we got him. He said that if we had not drafted him where we did the Cowboys and Bears were set to take him. He ran through the depth chart at running back and said it was unlikely that they would carry all five players and atleast one would have to be cut. He spoke on Willis Mcgahee and said Holling was in a much better situation with his injury and that even if Willis was there when they picked in round 2 they would have passed.

On the field there are still alot of guys who most of us have probably never heard of, I think I recognized only three of about six wideouts. AJ was an impressive sight to say the least. The guy is freaking huge and solid muscle to boot. On one play he was lined up at the outside contain position on a kickoff and he ran down a guy from a stand still after the cut from about ten yards back, I was real impressed. The kid is gonna be a player! I didn't see one dropped pass either, no dropsies tonight.

DC and all the QB's in general looked sharp but I didn't get to see a wwhole lot from them because they practiced alot on the other side of the field. Overall it was a great night, did I mention the cheerleaders and the free beer, and I can't wait for the season to start. I know I left some stuff out and if y'all have any qquestions I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Awesome. How does one go about getting into one of these practices?

3. Summer Song Giver

I got the tickets from a guy at work. I don't know how the general public can get tickets though.

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Maybe you should have drafted Bennie instead of Miller on your fantasy team?

5. Summer Song Giver

We'll see, Billy had some nice chemistry on offense though.

6. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

That's pretty cool, I wish I could stop by the next time I'm in town. Maybe I need to get my paper in Georgia to bum me some media credentials. :D I'm surprised they didn't open their camp to the public. The nearby Saints are having an open camp and are averaging over 650 folks bright and early every morning. I think that Carr and Johnson can be the Montana to Rice of the 20th century, once they get a feature back and an o-line. The thing I like about Andre at wideout is his height, athleticism and leaping ability. If he can have a season like Donte Stallworth had for the Saints last year, minus the hamstring injuries, they will be a much improved squad.

7. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I went to practice tonight also. Dre was very solid today and on returns Derrick Vaughn, and JJ Moses did a great job. Both ran kickoffs back for tds.

8. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

You had to wait outside Foley's a couple weeks ago. They would give 8 tickets to each person. Now your only hope is on Ebay for around 10 bucks or someone on the Texans board.