1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale 6th in Coach of the Year voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockingRox, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think he deserved higher given we ended up with...what was it...the 3rd best record in the NBA given all our injuries and such. To say it was more Harden than McHale...that's bs if everyone who voted is thinking that it's because of one player more than the coach. The fact that he got zero first or second place votes is total garbage considering those lower than him did. He got robbed! Even Carlisle said as much. We love to dump on him when things go bad but the Rockets did very well this season and coach deserves the credit because he gets the flack when things go bad.

2. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly. Some of the opinions on this forum are just blatantly stupid. Where are the Hubie haters now?

3. clutz

clutz Member

Congratulations, McFail!

4. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As long as we are discussing developing players, do you give McHale credit for developing guys like Harden? Clearly Harden is better than when he got here.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

So Budenholzer's getting fired after next season?

6. LIT123

LIT123 Member
    Supporting Member

Three of top 4 are East Conf. Two had losing records. Another indication the players are right to hand out their own rewards. I know both guys did nice job,
    but maybe not as impressive to move a few spots up into the playoffs when it was in a crapfest like the East was. I say this as an Eastern conf. fan who has no real dog in the West. East coast voters love Boston and old New York players.

7. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

McHale keep outcoaching Carlisle.

What was Carlisle strategy tonight Flop more?

8. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Carlisle absolutely left Chandler hanging in a no win situation. Props to Coach McHale for taking advantage.

9. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

hubie brown voted for mchale? i thought that guy hate the rockets?

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I thought he did too, Maybe it's just Harden and the Free Throw thing, I really like Hubie but last game he was awful.

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wow Mchail deserved more... for all the crap he went through this past season he deserved to be up there with Budd and Kerr. Name another team with that many injuries and lead a team to the second seed.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

McHale is very good at developing players.

You look at how much Harden has grown, how much Josh Smith improved since coming here. Look at Corey Brewer's play. Look at Terry. Look at TJones and Dmo. Look at Bev.

So many players are playing BETTER in Houston than they were in their previous positions. They have GROWN.

Young or old. Lowry credits McHale for a lot of his growth. So does Dragic.

Just because McHale doesn't given them the PT some people think they should get doesn't mean he doesn't develop them.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I love how McHale is getting zero credit for again completely winning the coaching battle of game 2. He found the wrinkle in their coverage of the PNR and completely exploited it with Josh Smith and thr lobs that came after.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The "player's coach" continues to outsmart the "X's and O's coach"

Go figure